Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So the revoke article 50 petition is now at 5.4mil and according to my casual

So the revoke article 50 petition is now at 5.4mil and according to my casual

calculations it is increasing about 600k per day although I expect that will pick up as took a look over the weekend when I would expect people are less likely to access the internet and vote.

So if it increases the rate slightly and is linear over the course of this week it should be pushing 10mil by the end of the week.

It's not a valid petition as it's full of holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's not a valid petition as it's full of holes.
    Something being full of holes is pretty much par for the course on all things Brexit related, Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    calculations it is increasing about 600k per day although I expect that will pick up as took a look over the weekend when I would expect people are less likely to access the internet and vote.

So if it increases the rate slightly and is linear over the course of this week it should be pushing 10mil by the end of the week.
    They had their chance at the the ACTUAL referendum. Police saying apparently that attendance at the weekend was more like 200k

I’m coming around to the idea of another referendum just to see their reaction when leave wins again.

I still don’t get the ‘People’s Referendum’ logic.

What happens if the remainers lose again?

Will they accept they accept the result or do we keep having referendums until they win or will will they escalate their protest to something more violent?

And they keep going an about the ‘slim’ margin of victory last time even thought there were between 2 to 3 million non British people who were alllowed to vote like my ex boss whose a die hard Kiwi and voted to stay (he’s since left his job and moved to the Netherlands). Would like to think a vote of this magnitude would be British only.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I still don’t get the ‘People’s Referendum’ logic.

What happens if the remainers lose again?

Will they accept they accept the result or do we keep having referendums until they win or will will they escalate their protest to something more violent?

And they keep going an about the ‘slim’ margin of victory last time even thought there were between 2 to 3 million non British people who were alllowed to vote like my ex boss whose a die hard Kiwi and voted to stay (he’s since left his job and moved to the Netherlands). Would like to think a vote of this magnitude would be British only.
    It's not an idea that stands up to any intelligent scrutiny whatsoever. A vote was had, a conclusion was reached and everyone agreed it would be enacted. Not to enact it or to hold another vote because you didn't like the outcome of the first would simply be a gross and blatant betrayal of the democratic covenant. Everything else is just noise.

They wouldn't allow the possibility of not winning, which is why another vote could only be a stitch-up. They're already saying the only options could be May's deal or Remain (ie Remain vs Remain).

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They had their chance at the the ACTUAL referendum. Police saying apparently that attendance at the weekend was more like 200k
    Impressive turnout, all the same. Central London hasn't witnessed that many white middle class people on it's streets since around 1974.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Impressive turnout, all the same. Central London hasn't witnessed that many white middle class people on it's streets since around 1974.
    Two or three million people for the first protest against the Iraq war. Speaking of which, many of the people that lied about that have their pants on fire again right now....

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's not an idea that stands up to any intelligent scrutiny whatsoever. A vote was had, a conclusion was reached and everyone agreed it would be enacted. Not to enact it or to hold another vote because you didn't like the outcome of the first would simply be a gross and blatant betrayal of the democratic covenant. Everything else is just noise.

They wouldn't allow the possibility of not winning, which is why another vote could only be a stitch-up. They're already saying the only options could be May's deal or Remain (ie Remain vs Remain).
    I'm playing devil's advocate here, but I heard on Radio 4 at the weekend that a poll showed that if the choice was between a no deal exit and Remain the public would vote strongly for Remain. If we were to reach that point (I don't think we will) there is an argument to be made that if those are the only two choices the government should go back to the public.

Personally, if those were the two choices I would almost prefer a no deal exit. Mostly because my view is that there is no human being involved in this debacle for whom I have less respect than someone who voted Leave but does not support a no deal exit. I can't imagine a more spineless, cowardly, pathetic excuse for a human being than one who insists on leaving the EU but only if they continue to experience the majority of the benefits of the EU.

C*nt is too mild a word for this sort of vermin.