Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So the revoke article 50 petition is now at 5.4mil and according to my casual

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    ISTR the leaflet sent to every household said that leaving the EU meant leaving the single market, customs union and ECJ jurisdiction. It then said that the government "will implement your decision". That's quite specific.
    But the leave campaigns didn't. Absolutely no-one was suggesting no deal at the time. Indeed the remain side were often having to argue against Norway.

No-one said WTO. No-one said May's deal which traps us in a limbo we can't leave and risks breaking the union.

However you want to phrase it, no-one campaign offered anything looking like either of those two options. As Matt Chorley said in the Times the other day, any ERGer proposing no deal in 2016 would have been let anywhere near a microphone.

No-one said anything about a hard border or breaking the union, either. But we can't leave the CU without doing one of those.

Let's vote again now we actually have a much better understanding of the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But the leave campaigns didn't. Absolutely no-one was suggesting no deal at the time. Indeed the remain side were often having to argue against Norway.

No-one said WTO. No-one said May's deal which traps us in a limbo we can't leave and risks breaking the union.

However you want to phrase it, no-one campaign offered anything looking like either of those two options. As Matt Chorley said in the Times the other day, any ERGer proposing no deal in 2016 would have been let anywhere near a microphone.

No-one said anything about a hard border or breaking the union, either. But we can't leave the CU without doing one of those.

Let's vote again now we actually have a much better understanding of the facts.
    Nice avoidance of my point, and top obfuscation to say "yeah but no-one knew we'd get to this scenario". Two years after an election, things may look different to what was talked about then, but no-one says "hey, let's go back and do the election again now we know what happens".

Remain promised that the sky would fall on our head as soon a Leave vote happened, but apart from a currency adjustment which works both ways (London's tourism has boomed), here we are with recent employment figures as high as ever. My boss bemoans the higher wages and the lower property prices and I say to him "are higher standards of living for lower income workers really such a terrible thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    and I say to him "are higher standards of living for lower income workers really such a terrible thing?"
    And I expect he says "well yes it is, because they are thick cancer deserving ****s whom I am innately superior to" - at least that's what he thinks a.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    And I expect he says "well yes it is, because they are thick cancer deserving ****s whom I am innately superior to" - at least that's what he thinks a.
    You forgot to include, "who support Millwall", imo.