Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oi Bignose!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you eat at Tamasha? Best Indian around these parts by a margin, I reckon. Plus, Kenny Sansom used to live upstairs.
    I thought our League Cup winning left back was last seen living in a park surrounded by empty wine bottles.

I really wish the club would sort it out. We can afford to pay current players 350k a week, but we can't afford £200 to rent a former skipper a one bed in Hackney. Disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I thought our League Cup winning left back was last seen living in a park surrounded by empty wine bottles.

I really wish the club would sort it out. We can afford to pay current players 350k a week, but we can't afford £200 to rent a former skipper a one bed in Hackney. Disgrace.
    The real tragedy there of course was that he was drinking Mateus Rosé.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what makes it worth a g?
    It's just sort of... good. You know. Imagine you've been using a Weber Kettle for years. It's a fine barbecue. It's the Alan Smith of barbecues. One day you get to play with a Kamado Joe, and you realise you're cooking with Dennis Bergkamp. That's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

ISTR that the club have helped him out on occasions, and £200 won't go far, even in Hackney.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    I prefer Indian Essence in Petts Wood, Atul Kochhar's place. They do a great tasting menu for £30pp on a Monday which is really great value, if you can get past having a curry on a Monday night.
    Oh yes, I keep meaning to try that and I keep forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    ISTR that the club have helped him out on occasions, and £200 won't go far, even in Hackney.
    They did - he was employed by the club as one of the legends tour hosts for a while, for a start. He now works for Crystal Palace and does media work - he doesn't live in a park surrounded by wine bottles (NTTAWWT). Aside from that the CLUB ARE A DISGRACE

It's just sort of... good. You know. Imagine you've been using a Weber Kettle for years. It's a fine barbecue. It's the Alan Smith of barbecues. One day you get to play with a Kamado Joe, and you realise you're cooking with Dennis Bergkamp. That's the difference.
    I think the glw would lose the plot if spent that on a BBQ, am very tempted though. Cheaper than the green egg.

The real tragedy there of course was that he was drinking Mateus Rosé.
    God, I'd forgotten that bit. Must have blanked it out. I didn't even know they still make the stuff.

As you can imagine, I frequented some really run-down offies in search of my Spesh, but I'm sure I haven't seen a bottle of Mateus Rose since the '80s. They all have vile Californian pîss, but none have stooped as low as MR.

God, I'd forgotten that bit. Must have blanked it out. I didn't even know they still make the stuff.

As you can imagine, I frequented some really run-down offies in search of my Spesh, but I'm sure I haven't seen a bottle of Mateus Rose since the '80s. They all have vile Californian pîss, but none have stooped as low as MR.
    I recently went for an Indian meal with a couple who were keen to show us their local.. as the poppadams were being served, amid a great shoulder of winking and grinning, the waiter proudly displayed the bottle. "Your special wine as usual madam!" She was positively squealing with delight.

Yes, it was Mateus Rosé.

I drank it. Fúck it, I have no pride.

I recently went for an Indian meal with a couple who were keen to show us their local.. as the poppadams were being served, amid a great shoulder of winking and grinning, the waiter proudly displayed the bottle. "Your special wine as usual madam!" She was positively squealing with delight.

Yes, it was Mateus Rosé.

I drank it. Fúck it, I have no pride.
    When you say recently, did you mean 42 years ago?

p.s. a Dennis Bergkamp of grills? It could turn a Greggs sausage roll into a 3* plate of food.