Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There are a million videos on youtube showing you how to cook every dish

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There are three gadgets in my kitchen. Kettle, toaster and coffee machine.
    I'm inclined to agree. I do use a stick blender on occasion, but that's about it really. A pestle and mortar and some decent knives and you're covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But do you have foie gras crutons? Of course you'd use a heavy burgundy - the dish is from there and you're making a sauce.

But you really need to make the crutons by spreading foie gras thickly onto a slice of toast and then cutting into cruton size.

Little nibbles of joy in the midst of the dish.
    Is this actual foie gras or paté de foie gras?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Beeb doesn't give you sexy Vietnamese girls teaching you to make banh mi.

Plus, how very, very dare you! My oeufs en meurette are famous from here to Foots Cray and beyond! The secret is the quality of the wine. Only a heavy Burgundy will do.
    If we ever do get out of Europe all that poncy foreign muck'll be outlawed mind! - Boiled beef and cabbage will become mandatory and anyone trying to sex it up with poncy herbs will end up tasting nothing more than the leather of the Doc Marten of one of Conducator Farage's Revolutionary Guards - ya feckin big poncy ponce you are!

I bet you two ****s went to the same public school

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Do you just throw in the ingredients and it spits out a meal in [insert time here] minutes?
    Sort of, just one machine to do all the steps for a multitude of recipes......not quite Star Trek canteen, yet

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    If we ever do get out of Europe all that poncy foreign muck'll be outlawed mind! - Boiled beef and cabbage will become mandatory and anyone trying to sex it up with poncy herbs will end up tasting nothing more than the leather of the Doc Marten of one of Conducator Farage's Revolutionary Guards - ya feckin big poncy ponce you are!
    chuckle chuckle
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Proper foie gras. Smeared on thick. {Duck generally. Because 1. And old raver mate makes it outside Toulouse. Built my speakers*, too. 2. I'm a skint pleb who can't justify paying the goose premium any more.} So the cruton is basically a cube of which one side is toast and the other is foie gras.

Please try. I'd be honoured if I could show you something that improved one of your dishes in the same way you've helped some of mine.

*Monitors. 15" bass driver and 1.25" compression horn. Active and passive crossover. 1/2kw each. Sounds great with my 1kw amp. But they sounded even better when I used the 3k bass amp I'd used to power the 3 x 18" bass scoops I got off the Jiba sound system. But some theiving wop knicked the scoops and the bass amp off our traveller site in Anzio when we all went to Spain to do a festy outside Barca. Wops = ****s, mostly. I only impart this info to try and find whether we have any secret ravers amongst us. Or secret wops.
    Last edited by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult; 03-21-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I bet you two ****s went to the same public school
    Nah.

I went to one not far from Berni's though. And on my only occasion that I represented the old place at sport, I turned over his school's team at their gaff in the under 14s B-team rugby. Scrum half, me. I'm tiny for a rugby player.

Played club rugby for the old boys' team's youth sections. We called his lot Old Wives. Whitgift, see? I guess that's public school humour. The one down the road from him is called Trinity. Or Mid-Whitgift. So they were called Old Mid Wives.

Bet your sides are splitting, Herbs. You can see why I told mummy and daddy that if they didn't put me in the state sector after o-levels, I'd run off and join the PLO. {Sexiest headscarfs. Didn't care much about the politics.}

But if you wanna pîss off B, go to the Whitgift [shopping] Centre in Croydon. I've seen more civilisation in Haitian slums. Then pretend you thought he'd gone to school there.

Do they still have Alders dept. store?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Strongly considering one of these https://www.t3.com/news/thermomix-tm6

One shouldn't follow recipes to the letter. One should research a few different methods used to make a dish, use one's own experience and try to make the dish in one's own way.

There is no reason why an imaginative cook cannot be a good cook.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    One shouldn't follow recipes to the letter. One should research a few different methods used to make a dish, use one's own experience and try to make the dish in one's own way.

There is no reason why an imaginative cook cannot be a good cook.
    Er, goes without sayin', init?