Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Genuine question. If No Deal Brexit, do I have any right to stay in France after the

Genuine question. If No Deal Brexit, do I have any right to stay in France after the

29th of March?

I was gonna come back next week but an old friend wants me to help her move tat on the 28th, so was looking for a flight* on the 30th.

Could the Frogs refuse to let me leave and nick me?

Gonna have to get a flight cos French customs on a work to rule at Eurostar and Calais to show Macron that in the event of no deal, they will need lots more customs officers and massive pay rises.

Got stuck in the general strike in '95 here so I know what these union types can do.

Anyway, can I book my ticket or should I make it a day earlier?

*Generally get the coach for a tenner nowadays as the money saved pays for foie gras or a decent bottle of claret. But don't fancy 6 hours queuing at Calais, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    29th of March?

I was gonna come back next week but an old friend wants me to help her move tat on the 28th, so was looking for a flight* on the 30th.

Gonna have to get a flight cos French customs on a work to rule at Eurostar and Calais to show Macron that in the event of no deal, they will need lots more customs officers and massive pay rises.

Got stuck in the general strike in '95 here so I know what these union types can do.

*Generally get the coach for a tenner nowadays as the money saved pays for foie gras or a decent bottle of claret. But don't fancy 6 hours queuing at Calais, thank you very much.
    Don't worry about it g. It's not going to happen. We won't leave the EU on 29th March. I doubt we'll ever leave the EU; certainly not in any meaningful sense.

Nothing is going to happen which might interfere with the likes of La Toynbee getting to her Tuscan villa. The Bien Pensants simply won't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    29th of March?

Yo have no rights anyway ganp - you are a travelling brigand and rabble rouser who will soon be arrested and thrown into jail.

You can fascinate your rather beefy cell mate with your detailed grasp of parliamentary process but he will bugger you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Don't worry about it g. It's not going to happen. We won't leave the EU on 29th March. I doubt we'll ever leave the EU; certainly not in any meaningful sense.

Nothing is going to happen which might interfere with the likes of La Toynbee getting to her Tuscan villa. The Bien Pensants simply won't have it.
    Oh do stop crying like a baby all the time will you.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh do stop crying like a baby all the time will you.
    I'm not crying, h. But neither am I wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm not crying, h. But neither am I wrong.
    Damn! I had a fiver on a jobbee comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Yo have no rights anyway ganp - you are a travelling brigand and rabble rouser who will soon be arrested and thrown into jail.

You can fascinate your rather beefy cell mate with your detailed grasp of parliamentary process but he will bugger you anyway.
    That's nothing, H. I've just had to explain to the FCO in London what the F and the C actually stand for and why there not the same.

Seriously. I rang up London cos the Paris embassy phone line wasn't working and after a chat, get told to go to the website of the Paris High Commission.

We don't have a high commission in Paris, say I.
    Yes we do.
    No we don't. It'll be an embassy.
    No. It's a high commission.
    No. We only have high commissions in Commonwealth countries and France isn't in the commonwealth, so it's an embassy.
    Let me check......... Oh. You're right.

This institution used to run 20% of the globe, H. Now they don't even know what their own name means and what the difference between being a full forreigner and a civilised commonwealther is.

I think we should get the Indians over to run us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I am a little disappointed too a.

That's nothing, H. I've just had to explain to the FCO in London what the F and the C actually stand for and why there not the same.

Seriously. I rang up London cos the Paris embassy phone line wasn't working and after a chat, get told to go to the website of the Paris High Commission.

We don't have a high commission in Paris, say I.
    Yes we do.
    No we don't. It'll be an embassy.
    No. It's a high commission.
    No. We only have high commissions in Commonwealth countries and France isn't in the commonwealth, so it's an embassy.
    Let me check......... Oh. You're right.

This institution used to run 20% of the globe, H. Now they don't even know what their own name means and what the difference between being a full forreigner and a civilised commonwealther is.

I think we should get the Indians over to run us.
    I'm not sure I share your love of all things Indian. I work in IT and must say that even the competent ones tend to be very messy.

You must have had your fair share of Indian fillies ganp. Is it true that they are capable of the most extraordinary physical feats? My mate up the pub reckons he knew an Indian bird who could pop a ping-pong ball three feet in the air with her fanny then catch it with her arse'ole. Is this common?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I never bandy jobbies willy billy, a.