Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Genuine question. If No Deal Brexit, do I have any right to stay in France after the

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I'm not sure I share your love of all things Indian. I work in IT and must say that even the competent ones tend to be very messy.

You must have had your fair share of Indian fillies ganp. Is it true that they are capable of the most extraordinary physical feats? My mate up the pub reckons he knew an Indian bird who could pop a ping-pong ball three feet in the air with her fanny then catch it with her arse'ole. Is this common?
    I wouldn't have thought so. They don't really seem to be into ping pong. Are you sure it wasn't a shuttlecock? Or is your mate in the pub mixing my boys up with the Chinks?

I work in IT and must say that even the competent ones tend to be very messy.
    you missed out SH there, h

: plumber:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I'm not sure I share your love of all things Indian. I work in IT and must say that even the competent ones tend to be very messy.
    You mean they don't indent and comment their code properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You mean they don't indent and comment their code properly?
    Have you ever watched ‘Silicon Valley’, a?

There’s a whole bit where a lead character breaks up with a new girlfriend because she doesn’t indent.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Have you ever watched ‘Silicon Valley’, a?

There’s a whole bit where a lead character breaks up with a new girlfriend because she doesn’t indent.
    =IF($Q27=1,IF(OR(AND($N27<W$4,$O27<W$4),AND($N27>W $5,$O27>W$5)),0,1),IF($Q27=2,IF(OR(AND($N27<W$8,$O 27<W$8),AND($N27>W$9,$O27>W$9)),0,1),IF($Q27=3,IF( OR(AND($N27<W$12,$O27<W$12),AND($N27>W$13,$O27>W$1 3)),0,1),IF($Q27=4,IF(OR(AND($N27<W$16,$O27<W$16), AND($N27>W$17,$O27>W$17)),0,1)))))

This is what happens when you have to write a complex conditional cell expression in Excel. It fits bookings into time-slots and the only way to design it was to write it in beautifully-indented pseudo-code so I could literally see the logical flow, then turn it into the gibberish up there.

=IF($Q27=1,IF(OR(AND($N27<W$4,$O27<W$4),AND($N27>W $5,$O27>W$5)),0,1),IF($Q27=2,IF(OR(AND($N27<W$8,$O 27<W$8),AND($N27>W$9,$O27>W$9)),0,1),IF($Q27=3,IF( OR(AND($N27<W$12,$O27<W$12),AND($N27>W$13,$O27>W$1 3)),0,1),IF($Q27=4,IF(OR(AND($N27<W$16,$O27<W$16), AND($N27>W$17,$O27>W$17)),0,1)))))

This is what happens when you have to write a complex conditional cell expression in Excel. It fits bookings into time-slots and the only way to design it was to write it in beautifully-indented pseudo-code so I could literally see the logical flow, then turn it into the gibberish up there.
    Mate, I’m sure you’re right, but I’m really hoping to be able to get to the end of my career without ever understanding what you’re on about

Any idea how much it should cost to develop an app that allows us to stream video content, btw?
    Being quoted 5k, but that sounds toppish to me. Mind you, I have literally fůck all clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mate, I’m sure you’re right, but I’m really hoping to be able to get to the end of my career without ever understanding what you’re on about

Any idea how much it should cost to develop an app that allows us to stream video content, btw?
    Being quoted 5k, but that sounds toppish to me. Mind you, I have literally fůck all clue.
    You'd be surprised how satisfying it is getting something to work. Think of it like growing vegetables.

The correct answer is that software development always costs more than you think. Unless they've already done it. So ask 'em if they've done it before, and if not maybe find someone who has.

You'd be surprised how satisfying it is getting something to work. Think of it like growing vegetables.

The correct answer is that software development always costs more than you think. Unless they've already done it. So ask 'em if they've done it before, and if not maybe find someone who has.
    This is what I think. I’m fůcked if I’m dropping 5k to be sold an off-the-shelf solution they developed years ago.

I got a little pang of pride when this worked this morning

=IFERROR((ROUND(INDEX('Labour'!$BO$4:$CO$215,MATCH ($A17,'Labour'!$BO$4:$BO$215,0),MATCH('req'!E$7,'L abour'!$BO$4:$CO$4,0)),0)),0)

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I got a little pang of pride when this worked this morning

=IFERROR((ROUND(INDEX('Labour'!$BO$4:$CO$215,MATCH ($A17,'Labour'!$BO$4:$BO$215,0),MATCH('req'!E$7,'L abour'!$BO$4:$CO$4,0)),0)),0)

Which elderly woman with a disability on a minimum wage did that fire, IUFG?