Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the leitmotif of most Brexopaths when explaining their loathing of the

So the leitmotif of most Brexopaths when explaining their loathing of the

EU Commission is its failure of the most fundamental test of democratic legitimacy, that of having been voted for.

The same people will doubtless then be vehemently in favour of abolition of The House of Lords.

Ash, Charlie, Berni .. what say ye?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    EU Commission is its failure of the most fundamental test of democratic legitimacy, that of having been voted for.

The same people will doubtless then be vehemently in favour of abolition of The House of Lords.

Abso feckin lutely Herbs. The Lords are next.

Not sure the other fellas will agree on that though.

1. I am no Brexopath. I am deeply ambivalent about the whole matter, although drawn towards the Brexit side by the antics of Soubry and her fellow authoritarian leftists.

2. Of all the things I object to about the EU, a lack of democracy isn't really one of them; since I don't believe in universal suffrage I'm not really qualified to comment on the matter.

3. Tony Blair and his socilialist fellow travellers already tore the heart out of the HoL, didn't they?

I'd happily have them all shot and the gold leaf flogged off to the highest bidder...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I'd happily have them all shot and the gold leaf flogged off to the highest bidder...
    And what about their Capo di Tutti Capo i, that revolting old parasite Elizabeth Regina

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    1. I am no Brexopath. I am deeply ambivalent about the whole matter
    I just looked up ambivalent it it definitely doesn't say anything about "blubbing long and loud like a feckin' whipped girl when something you want to happen doesn't happen".

I just looked up ambivalent it it definitely doesn't say anything about "blubbing long and loud like a feckin' whipped girl when something you want to happen doesn't happen".
    You're living in a fantasy world, h. A land where there are no smelly jobbies to be tugged free and where people have imaginary responses to suit your strange preconceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're living in a fantasy world, h. A land where there are no smelly jobbies to be tugged free and where people have imaginary responses to suit your strange preconceptions.
    Ah yes. Your default response when you are losing the argument. Make derogatory comments about the fact I earn a living engaged in honest toil. Why must you be so beastly c

Ah yes. Your default response when you are losing the argument. Make derogatory comments about the fact I earn a living engaged in honest toil. Why must you be so beastly c
    You left the 'et' off the end of your toil, h.

'Doubtless' here meaning 'not', I assume? Because that bit of whataboutery simply doesn't work. The House of Lords is wholly unfit for purpose, being packed to the rafters by patronage appointees from the political mainstream.

Also, it may have escaped your attention, h, but there are few Brexiteers with a good word to say about the passionately Europhile House of Lords.