Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How come Auba speaks Portuguese? re:Arseblog and Martinelli.

How come Auba speaks Portuguese? re:Arseblog and Martinelli.

He's never played for a Portuguese team, has he? I thought it was just Frogs and Krauts.

And Gabon was French, I thought. The 'Geezers just had Angola. I mean, fair play to him, but I don't see where he learned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    He's never played for a Portuguese team, has he? I thought it was just Frogs and Krauts.

And Gabon was French, I thought. The 'Geezers just had Angola. I mean, fair play to him, but I don't see where he learned it.
    He's just one of them fellas, He can do whatever he likes

he also speals Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

His mum was Spanish - hopes this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    He's just one of them fellas, He can do whatever he likes

he also speals Italian
    Oh, I get the Wop. He was with AC Milan for years at the start of his career, despite mostly being loaned out to France.

I just don't see how he learnt Portuguese. Was his best mate at Dortmund or wherever a Brazzer?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    His mum was Spanish - hopes this helps
    That does help. They understood my South American Spanish in Portugal. But it's still not the same, is it? They sound like their speaking Russian to me. Obrigado.

That does help. They understood my South American Spanish in Portugal. But it's still not the same, is it? They sound like their speaking Russian to me. Obrigado.
    Only joking - from my understanding of the quote from Martinelli, he just said an introduction in Portuguese - as in All right, mate. He does speak English, French, German, Spanish and Italian though so maybe in his spare time he's learnt another language

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Only joking - from my understanding of the quote from Martinelli, he just said an introduction in Portuguese - as in All right, mate. He does speak English, French, German, Spanish and Italian though so maybe in his spare time he's learnt another language
    That's sort of what I was getting at when I said than on my two visits to Portugal, they understood the Spanish I'd learned in S. America.

But I'm fairly sure they'd have known I was trying to speak Spanish, not Portuguese.

Maybe Auba just went "Hola, mi amigo" and young Gabby was so chuffed it sounded like pwoppa Portuguese to him.

That's sort of what I was getting at when I said than on my two visits to Portugal, they understood the Spanish I'd learned in S. America.

But I'm fairly sure they'd have known I was trying to speak Spanish, not Portuguese.

Maybe Auba just went "Hola, mi amigo" and young Gabby was so chuffed it sounded like pwoppa Portuguese to him.
    I mean, does it really matter?

Rich footballer with loads of time on his hands.

Probably learnt some words from every language to help his “chat up” game when he’s partying imo

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I mean, does it really matter?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”