Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I always thought the Speaker's role was simply that of a chairman of the

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's right. Or rather, their (the Europeans') version of democracy is so far at odds with ours that it hardly counts as the same thing, in our eyes. Germany doesn't even have the right to trial by jury, for God's sake!
    Oh I have no problem with people saying that the EU's version of democracy isn't good enough and we want to leave on that basis regardless of the impact on the country (in fact, that is the only Leave view that I have any respect for), but to refer to the EU as not being democratic is incorrect and the suggestion that a non-elected executive (it is elected) can pass legislation (it can't) without any democratic process (there is one) is simply incorrect.

People should be accurate even in matters emotional imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Oh I have no problem with people saying that the EU's version of democracy isn't good enough and we want to leave on that basis regardless of the impact on the country (in fact, that is the only Leave view that I have any respect for), but to refer to the EU as not being democratic is incorrect and the suggestion that a non-elected executive (it is elected) can pass legislation (it can't) without any democratic process (there is one) is simply incorrect.

People should be accurate even in matters emotional imo.
    Spot on.

You're still wrong about Rambo, though. Speaking of which, if we leave the EU what happens to the Bosman ruling?