Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I always thought the Speaker's role was simply that of a chairman of the

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I am unfamiliar with the internal workings of the EU. But if we delay I am told that we will have to participate in EU elections, yet I am also told that the EU is unelected.

Anyone know which it is?
    The Commission (executive) are not elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The Commission (executive) are not elected.
    Are decisions taken by the executive or as a result of a vote by the elected representatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    And of course I'm a hypocrite. I want to live in my pseudo-anarchic, self-policing Asterisk's village, while expecting the rule of law to reign outside. I want to live in a community which doesn't care about money while having a lovely global economic system outside to build the roads and make the trucks and drill the oil and build the speakers and farm the food and brew the booze that we need to throw a party.
    So there we have it. You support the EU because you openly despise democracy and wish to be ruled by technocrats and giant capitalist corporations.

Yet you hang around with yellow vests, boast of decades of selfish nihilism and pretend to be a rebel.

Why would anyone take you seriously?

Are decisions taken by the executive or as a result of a vote by the elected representatives?
    The parliament cannot propose legislation, only rubber-stamp it. Why do you think the commission are unelected? Why do you think nobody gives a stuff about European elections and almost no-one knows who their MEP is?

Far too much legislation just seems to trickle out unannounced and like most people, I didn't really care til I saw some that would impact me directly.

Specifically, some laws were being proposed that would prevent me, as a biker, doing my own servicing and maintenance on my own bike! - ostensibly a safety issue but in reality, I suspect, the devil making work for idle and overpaid bureaucrats.

Now a soft handed sissy like you that can't even change a bicycle tyre would probably agree but I will defend my right to maintain my own machinery with the same ferocity the Yanqi defends his right to arm himself to the teeth. You prise my spanners from my cold dead hand.

The parliament cannot propose legislation, only rubber-stamp it. Why do you think the commission are unelected? Why do you think nobody gives a stuff about European elections and almost no-one knows who their MEP is?
    Basically a parliament that doesn't appear to parley a great deal

Um, that sounds like our democracy. If by 'rubber-stamp' you mean 'vote on'. And UK citizens being ambivalent to European elections does not make them any less democratic.

I think I understand the situation now, many thanks.

So there we have it. You support the EU because you openly despise democracy and wish to be ruled by technocrats and giant capitalist corporations.

Yet you hang around with yellow vests, boast of decades of selfish nihilism and pretend to be a rebel.

Why would anyone take you seriously?
    Don't forget the looting, a.

the looting of haute couture boutiques...

that'll smash the system.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Far too much legislation just seems to trickle out unannounced and like most people, I didn't really care til I saw some that would impact me directly.

Specifically, some laws were being proposed that would prevent me, as a biker, doing my own servicing and maintenance on my own bike! - ostensibly a safety issue but in reality, I suspect, the devil making work for idle and overpaid bureaucrats.

Now a soft handed sissy like you that can't even change a bicycle tyre would probably agree but I will defend my right to maintain my own machinery with the same ferocity the Yanqi defends his right to arm himself to the teeth. You prise my spanners from my cold dead hand.
    You can't get properly powerful elements for your grill any more. My toast takes ages and it's never crisp enough any more.

'deeply conformist little fùckpig'

That's my favourite part of that rant.

I haven't seen Burney rant like that since Jorge ran away.
    Ganp isn't running away though. I think he has rather seized the higher moral and intellectual ground here by responding in his usual measured style. I await b's response keenly