Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I always thought the Speaker's role was simply that of a chairman of the

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Ganp isn't running away though. I think he has rather seized the higher moral and intellectual ground here by responding in his usual measured style. I await b's response keenly
    Yes, I thought that as well. The moral high ground is valuable property which should be ceded with reservation.

I have Ganpati ahead by a nose but have confidence in Burney's ability to close. Should be fun. :rubshands:

Have you had dealings with her or know of someone who has so can attest to this niceness? I know a public persona is not the best evidence to go on but she has always struck me as slightly sinister. I think it's her serpentine and menacing delivery. And the way she lost no time attacking that old Tory bird for using the profoundly offensive word 'colour'.
    What we know of her for sure is that she was prepared to fúck Jeremy Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You can't get properly powerful elements for your grill any more. My toast takes ages and it's never crisp enough any more.
    Is that what it is! Those scrawny, bespectacled soft handed Euro****ing insects in Brussels have basically outlawed anything that is effective

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Um, that sounds like our democracy. If by 'rubber-stamp' you mean 'vote on'. And UK citizens being ambivalent to European elections does not make them any less democratic.

I think I understand the situation now, many thanks.
    If we don't like our executive we can vote it out. If you want to see how undemocratic the Commission is, see how they have ignored or overturned numerous referendums around Europe when people voted the 'wrong' way. France, Netherlands, Greece and Ireland have all had popular votes overturned or made to vote again until they get it right. Sound familiar?

Italy wasn't allowed to set its own Keynesian budget after the people had voted for a left-right coalition opposed to austerity policies.

Is that what it is! Those scrawny, bespectacled soft handed Euro****ing insects in Brussels have basically outlawed anything that is effective
    Don't start me on light bulbs, Herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What about the light bulbs,a?

: pokesbearwithstick:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, I thought that as well. The moral high ground is valuable property which should be ceded with reservation.

I have Ganpati ahead by a nose but have confidence in Burney's ability to close. Should be fun. :rubshands:
    Berni cannot respond now with more of his characteristic vitriol. That particular part of his arsenal is spent so he must attempt reason and measure, neither being his forte. I think he'll find ganp rather like some mythological Indian creature that is frustratingly impervious to vituperative.

I'll wager he's already composed a couple of responses but crumpled them up and tossed them in the bin

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Are you talking about the fact that the ****ing things don't actually enable you to, you know, see anything anymore? Boils my píss right proper and now I know the Euro****warblers are behind it I'm even angrier.

Are you talking about the fact that the ****ing things don't actually enable you to, you know, see anything anymore? Boils my píss right proper and now I know the Euro****warblers are behind it I'm even angrier.
    what about piss weak vacuum cleaners or cars that are 'too noisy', H?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    what about piss weak vacuum cleaners or cars that are 'too noisy', H?
    Tell me abaah't it! I bought one of those poxy Henry contraptions,. I had my dick sucked harder by your mum!