Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :clap: That's that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Our magnificent PM isn't being allowed to present her deal for parliament to voite on for a third time. Which means she has the perfect excuse to ask the EU to 'delay' Brexit.

Like we didn't know that was going to happen.
    I'd rather remain than take May's deal. At least that way we get to keep the chance of getting out another day - and negotiating properly from the start while fully preparing for a no-deal.

Although can't just one nation refuse an extension and then off we pop without a deal? LOLS to Gina 'Physically Sick' Wossname if that happened - after she insisted that parliament has to approve any deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'd rather remain than take May's deal. At least that way we get to keep the chance of getting out another day - and negotiating properly from the start while fully preparing for a no-deal.

Although can't just one nation refuse an extension and then off we pop without a deal? LOLS to Gina 'Physically Sick' Wossname if that happened - after she insisted that parliament has to approve any deal.
    You don't honestly think they'll allow it to happen, do you?

It's a Common Purpose conspirass is what it is.

Theoretically, May could prorogue Parliament and then begin a new session - allowing her to put the vote again.

This whole thing has some serious twists and turns left in it imo. The only certainty now its that it's going to get a lot messier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You don't honestly think they'll allow it to happen, do you?

It's a Common Purpose conspirass is what it is.
    They're going to be left with a choice of burning the whole fùcking thing down or having it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They're going to be left with a choice of burning the whole fùcking thing down or having it happen.
    Cancel it and blow up both parties?

I can't say that doesn't have some appeal tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The 'offer before the house' has to be substantially different, not similar to any previously put before the house.

He's just pulled a convention from 1604 out of his árse to scupper Brexit?

1604? Nothing like progress, is there?
    No, he pulled a convention that has been used between 1604 and 1920 but hasn't been needed since cos no-one tried it on.

However, the Tories can just follow the convention Atlee used in 1948 to replace the 1911 Parl Act (and thus reduce the Lords delay from 2 yrs to 1) by proroguing Parl, and starting a new session the next day with a fresh Queen's Speech.

Bet Brenda will love that.

Cancel it and blow up both parties?

I can't say that doesn't have some appeal tbh.
    The only sustainable government likely to get elected any time soon is one that promises Brexit. Sooner or later, it's happening.

Theoretically, May could prorogue Parliament and then begin a new session - allowing her to put the vote again.

This whole thing has some serious twists and turns left in it imo. The only certainty now its that it's going to get a lot messier.
    Bring back the Monarchy, imo

The only sustainable government likely to get elected any time soon is one that promises Brexit. Sooner or later, it's happening.
    The current one promised it, but can't deliver it. As for as Brexit is concerned, the Labour Party might as well not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Bring back the Monarchy, imo
    Charles I likes this.