Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting of several people on a tram in Utrecht.

Shooting of several people on a tram in Utrecht.

Place your bets, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's right wingers now

Ronaldo etc

Dutch mentaller goes mental in his Dutchland
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Ronaldo etc
    Left winger, shirley?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I look forward to the next Islamist attack being blamed on Melanie Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I look forward to the next Islamist attack being blamed on Melanie Phillips.
    In the sheer orgy of glee with which the left seized upon Christchurch to blame pretty much everyone they disagree with, they do seem to have missed the fact that, once you establish a direct causal link between expressed ideas and a terrorist's acts, it gives you no logical wriggle-room the next time someone blames Islamic terrorism on Islam and the Koran.

Not that they have the intellectual honesty to admit this, of course.

In the sheer orgy of glee with which the left seized upon Christchurch to blame pretty much everyone they disagree with, they do seem to have missed the fact that, once you establish a direct causal link between expressed ideas and a terrorist's acts, it gives you no logical wriggle-room the next time someone blames Islamic terrorism on Islam and the Koran.

Not that they have the intellectual honesty to admit this, of course.
    But that's always been an easy one for them to deflect. They simply apply bad faith by insisting that we use criticism of Islam as cover for our true motive which is to demonise all Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    But that's always been an easy one for them to deflect. They simply apply bad faith by insisting that we use criticism of Islam to give us cover for our real motive which is to demonise all Muslims.
    No, that deflects nothing. Accusing your opposition of opportunistic dishonesty while being opportunistically dishonest doesn't get you off the hook.

'Bad faith' is a good one, btw.

Didn't Bad Faith appear on Top Of The Pops some time in the 80s?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

No, that deflects nothing. Accusing your opposition of opportunistic dishonesty while being opportunistically dishonest doesn't get you off the hook.

'Bad faith' is a good one, btw.
    But there is an intrinsic asymmetry to what you just described that does make it effective.

Suggesting that Melanie Phillips is inherently hateful and enables far right violence comes with absolutely no stigma or social penalty. Suggesting that Islam is inherently hateful and enables violence among its followers does.

While that remains the case, those on our side of the fence will always be on the back foot.