Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The wife's away for the next two days. I have cold, rare roast beef in the fridge,

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    How long? Is it a complete rebuild?

I may have to undertake such a project in due course, and am not looking forward to the disruption.
    Yeah was completely ripped out. will take 3 weeks. I am 2 weeks in,
    I am sure it would be quicker but it's just one fella doing it. Its driving me mad as there is crap everywhere and I got sheets all over the floors, good thing is he doing things that make sense like add plug sockets where they are needed without me having to ask him.

One good side is the fridge is near the sofa.

And the wife is in the fridge?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Yeah was completely ripped out. will take 3 weeks. I am 2 weeks in,
    I am sure it would be quicker but it's just one fella doing it. Its driving me mad as there is crap everywhere and I got sheets all over the floors, good thing is he doing things that make sense like add plug sockets where they are needed without me having to ask him.

One good side is the fridge is near the sofa.
    Will there be room for your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Does it not become an endless array of dumplings with chilli sauce or soya sauce?

I have had dim sum in the place it was allegedly invented and in several places highly rated by the locals (in HK) and was underwhelmed every time. It started out ok but once the dumplings started coming they seemed to never end.
    Loath as I am to agree with you in matters culinary, I must admit I am finding leeeedle beet the common ground with you here.

I find Dim Sum great at first and then it all starts getting a bit samey.

I mean I keep eating the little fùckers, don't get me wrong. A man's got to fill himself up. But they do start to get a wee bit indistinct.

And there was that time Ainsley Harriot fed me one from his chopsticks. That may have turned me against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Loath as I am to agree with you in matters culinary, I must admit I am finding leeeedle beet the common ground with you here.

I mean I keep eating the little fùckers, don't get me wrong. A man's got to fill himself up. But they do start to get a wee bit indistinct.

And there was that time Ainsley Harriot fed me one from his chopsticks. That may have turned me against them.
    This isn't The Lotus Inn mate. None of this shít comes frozen from Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This isn't The Lotus Inn mate. None of this shít comes frozen from Iceland.
    And there I was hoping for a sensible discussion of the matter.

And what is the Lotus Inn when it's at home?

The last time I had it in HK the first few dishes were very good. In particular there was a fried rice dish which came with a chilli sauce on the side, it was quite unlike any other chilli sauce I have ever had and with the rice was utterly exceptional.

And then the dumplings started to arrive and within 20 minutes or so it had all blurred into one big dumplingfest. Dumplings can only be so good. I don't get it.

And there I was hoping for a sensible discussion of the matter.

And what is the Lotus Inn when it's at home?
    Started with a couple of pints at 11. Offered cocktails on arrival at the restaurant at 11:30. Had a sort of pina colada type thing. Definitely heavy on the rum. Decided that a good chewy Burgundy was the way forward. Did four bottles of the stuff. Left the restaurant at 4:30, found we both had 20 minutes to wait for our trains - just time for a cheeky pint.

Got my hangover at 11 pm

I'm still supposed to be recovering from My Brave Battle With Cancer, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The last time I had it in HK the first few dishes were very good. In particular there was a fried rice dish which came with a chilli sauce on the side, it was quite unlike any other chilli sauce I have ever had and with the rice was utterly exceptional.

And then the dumplings started to arrive and within 20 minutes or so it had all blurred into one big dumplingfest. Dumplings can only be so good. I don't get it.
    There's only so much you can put in them, after all.

End of the day, they're just ravioli with good PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Started with a couple of pints at 11. Offered cocktails on arrival at the restaurant at 11:30. Had a sort of pina colada type thing. Definitely heavy on the rum. Decided that a good chewy Burgundy was the way forward. Did four bottles of the stuff. Left the restaurant at 4:30, found we both had 20 minutes to wait for our trains - just time for a cheeky pint.

Got my hangover at 11 pm

I'm still supposed to be recovering from My Brave Battle With Cancer, ffs.
    Was it one of those rum cocktails that comes in a cold brass thingy? I got proper messed up on those once.

By the way, you haven't got cancer, you malingering poof. You've just got growths. Like a leper or a man with genital warts.