Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are they switching our Napoli game so we have to play at home first?

Why are they switching our Napoli game so we have to play at home first?

According to BBC Sport, anyway.

Also, Napoli. Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    According to BBC Sport, anyway.

Also, Napoli. Any good?
    Because we can't play at home on same day as Chelsea and as they finished above us, they get 1st dibs.

Napoli are probably the best side left in the draw bar Chelsea

Last night, Chelsea were favourites, Napoli second favourites and we were third favourites.

I seem to recall us knocking them out in the CL qualifier a few years back without too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Last night, Chelsea were favourites, Napoli second favourites and we were third favourites.

I seem to recall us knocking them out in the CL qualifier a few years back without too much trouble.
    You're probably thinking of Udinese. We had Napoli in our Champions League group a few years back. Won 2-0 at home, lost 2-0 away and sneaked through the group on goal difference. Dortmund were also in the group

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Because we can't play at home on same day as Chelsea and as they finished above us, they get 1st dibs.

Napoli are probably the best side left in the draw bar Chelsea
    Right. So we'll prob draw or win by 2-1 or something at home then get knocked out over there? Gutted. But why can't we have 2 home games on the same day? Every Saturday we have lots of home games on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You're probably thinking of Udinese. We had Napoli in our Champions League group a few years back. Won 2-0 at home, lost 2-0 away and sneaked through the group on goal difference. Dortmund were also in the group
    Naples, that'll be fun for our away support

I was hoping for Prague - Frankfurt at a push

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Right. So we'll prob draw or win by 2-1 or something at home then get knocked out over there? Gutted. But why can't we have 2 home games on the same day? Every Saturday we have lots of home games on the same day.
    I think the outcome largely depends if Emery chooses to deploy Mustafi in the back 4/5.
    He is beyond doubt, an unmitigated disaster, yet again falling asleep on his watch last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I think the outcome largely depends if Emery chooses to deploy Mustafi in the back 4/5.
    He is beyond doubt, an unmitigated disaster, yet again falling asleep on his watch last night.
    tbf they might have Ospina in goal (loan players can play in Europe I'm pretty sure). He owes us a few goals

I saw they put up fake direction signs up around town to lead tourists down the wrong alley