Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scholes gone!

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    .. After about a month.

All these pundits thinking they can actually run football clubs; as bad as managers like Capello and Wenger thinking they can do punditry.

It's almost as though it's two completely different jobs
    The commentator described Lacazette's yellow card tackle last night as "a Paul Scholes tackle".

Personally, I thought it should have been a
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think that is quite fair - scorer of one of my favourite goals too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpjNjc7riek
    Perfect placement from the elbow magnet, there...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Great player in bad manager shocker. See also T. Henry.

If anyone was surprised that Henry was a rubbish manager they probably need a new hobby. His punditry was almost always incredibly superficial and one dimensional; add to that his enormous ego that oozes out of every pore and it was obvious that he was going to fail and fail badly.
    Excuse me, do you know why Scoles has left? I assume you think he was sacked???
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Finances? That's no excuse, I'm afraid. It'll be the same wherever he goes looking for coaching or managerial work; football clubs always tell extravagant porkies about their prospects.

The question for him is, Do I actually want to be a football manager or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Excuse me, do you know why Scoles has left? I assume you think he was sacked???
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Finances? That's no excuse, I'm afraid. It'll be the same wherever he goes looking for coaching or managerial work; football clubs always tell extravagant porkies about their prospects.

The question for him is, Do I actually want to be a football manager or not.
    No, not just finances, owner telling him to pick certain players...all sorts of off field stuff

Same difference. The Real Madrid manager must deal with all of that too.

No, not just finances, owner telling him to pick certain players...all sorts of off field stuff
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Same difference. The Real Madrid manager must deal with all of that too.
    Probably not had the Gas turned off and the team coach not turning up as the bill hadn't been paid tbf

I think Scholes simply doesn't really fancy it, Like Henry, Gary Neville, even TA6.

'I spoke to Ryan Giggs when he was leaving United. I told him, "Ryan, be careful. Once you are out there, you are not Ryan Giggs — Manchester United legend. It counts for nothing. Pick the wrong club, you're gone and everyone thinks you're a failure."

'My first club was Sheffield United. We were going to bring this player in, that player, start building something. First week, the chief executive told me we were struggling to pay the wages. I thought, "You can't do this to me, I was captain of Manchester United". But that's how it is.
    There's all kinds of excuses, of course there is, but the difference with someone like Steve Bruce there is that he actually wants to be a football manager; he understands that you just have to get on with it.

Probably not had the Gas turned off and the team coach not turning up as the bill hadn't been paid tbf