Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ayyyytheeengweeurrrhabmorurrpossecionweedeeboll

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Been injured for most of the season - back now
    Excellent. Let's give him a go instead of Mustafi. Even last night, the only problem we had came from a Mustafi fück up.

I know the Bubbe cocked up, but that was after 3 games. Which makes him 3x better than Squadron.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Chambers will be sold. Not good enough for us but has done enough on loan that we'd get a decent fee for him from a midtable club. Monchi will get rid of him to reinvest in the squad.
    Definitely - think he's done well in that central midfield role and will get a chance somewhere else

Chambers will be sold. Not good enough for us but has done enough on loan that we'd get a decent fee for him from a midtable club. Monchi will get rid of him to reinvest in the squad.
    I'd rather keep Chambers and get rid of Mustafi. Chambers is fine as a 5-6th choice CH. Mustafi isn't.

I mean, he must have some talent to win the WC, but I just think his confidence is shot with us. Still, if we get rid of both and buy another CH of Papa Sok's level, I'll be happy.

Would like a younger one, though, so we don't have to go through this every 3-4 years. How long have we had Kos for? Great signing. All the fückwits on here calling him Laurent Ligue Deux, ffs. Best CH since the Invincibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Definitely - think he's done well in that central midfield role and will get a chance somewhere else
    Are they playing him as a DM? He always said he thought that would be his best position long term.

Also, it's great to have a DM who can also play CH in a team. Gilberto, Song etc. Get a sending off and you just drop him back. Helpful at corners, too.

Hope he does well. I always liked the lad. Pity it's not for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'd rather keep Chambers and get rid of Mustafi. Chambers is fine as a 5-6th choice CH. Mustafi isn't.

I mean, he must have some talent to win the WC, but I just think his confidence is shot with us. Still, if we get rid of both and buy another CH of Papa Sok's level, I'll be happy.

Would like a younger one, though, so we don't have to go through this every 3-4 years. How long have we had Kos for? Great signing. All the fückwits on here calling him Laurent Ligue Deux, ffs. Best CH since the Invincibles.
    I imagine Chambers and Mustafi will be sold and the money put towards a better centre back. If Koscielny is willing to see out his contract he'll probably be 4th choice next year with Holding and Sokratis ahead of him plus a new signing. The other Greek will be 5th choice.

I imagine Chambers and Mustafi will be sold and the money put towards a better centre back. If Koscielny is willing to see out his contract he'll probably be 4th choice next year with Holding and Sokratis ahead of him plus a new signing. The other Greek will be 5th choice.
    Firstly, I still Kos is the best we've got. How long his body and pace remain at this level, I dunno. I'd wouldn't surprise me if it does drop next season as you suggest.

But he could last for another year or two. Think TA in '02 and MK in '04.

Also, if we're gonna play 3 at the back, we need at least 6 CHs. Though we have that with Nacho.

I'd rather bring CC back and spunk the cash of filling the huge, Rambo shaped hole in MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Firstly, I still Kos is the best we've got. How long his body and pace remain at this level, I dunno. I'd wouldn't surprise me if it does drop next season as you suggest.

But he could last for another year or two. Think TA in '02 and MK in '04.

Also, if we're gonna play 3 at the back, we need at least 6 CHs. Though we have that with Nacho.

I'd rather bring CC back and spunk the cash of filling the huge, Rambo shaped hole in MF.
    I think he only plays 3 at the back because of the lack of natural wingers in the squad and not really having a left back like Bellerin (also because Bellerin is injured).

I think he only plays 3 at the back because of the lack of natural wingers in the squad and not really having a left back like Bellerin (also because Bellerin is injured).
    Nacho's an excellent LB. I think it's more about having no wide forwards. 4-3-3 is fine, but playing with a no.10 behind two strikers (to use our best players) means that we only have one wide man on each side and therefore need the 3rd defender to stop us getting overrun by 2 on 1s when they attack us down the flanks.

But it worked last night - all our goals invloved a wing back and we never got over run down the flanks (except when we Mustafied it up.)