Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So when the campaign for the second referendum is afoot do you suppose the likes of

So when the campaign for the second referendum is afoot do you suppose the likes of

Gove and Johnson will reiterate their assurances that leaving will be a piece 'o piss and the moment we sling our notice in we'll be awash with cash and all the wogs will flee like rats off a ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Gove and Johnson will reiterate their assurances that leaving will be a piece 'o piss and the moment we sling our notice in we'll be awash with cash and all the wogs will flee like rats off a ship?
    Or will everyone have had enough of it by then and the turn out will be massively reduced as the General Public won't believe Parliament will do it anyway.

Luckily the German car manufacturers won't let a no deal brexit happen..... ha bloody ha
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

It will be a battle for the very soul of democracy, me ol' china.

Do the people (demos) rule (cracy), or the unelected thunderkunts in Brussels and their lickspittle national elites? And running dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It will be a battle for the very soul of democracy, me ol' china.

Do the people (demos) rule (cracy), or the unelected thunderkunts in Brussels and their lickspittle national elites? And running dogs.
    Well we know the answer to that one, a, don't we? And in general, to be fair, the system we have is preferable to mob rule. As a matter of course we elect representatives with, we hope, big brains, to sit together and make difficult decisions for us, and this works out pretty well.

When it comes to a specific question asked by referendum, however, the ****s should just do as we've told them. But they won't.

Get yourself a hi-vis vest and meet me at the barricade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well we know the answer to that one, a, don't we? And in general, to be fair, the system we have is preferable to mob rule. As a matter of course we elect representatives with, we hope, big brains, to sit together and make difficult decisions for us, and this works out pretty well.

When it comes to a specific question asked by referendum, however, the ****s should just do as we've told them. But they won't.

We now know the Brexit options aren't as promised, C. No deal was never an option in 2016 and neither was anything that looked like May's deal. The ERG says all Vote Leave groups want them to reject the deal as it isn't what they wanted.

So now we know what the options are - Remain, No deal and May's deal, why not find out by AV or a 2nd round run off?

If the majority still wat to leave then we will. And we'll have a mandate for whichever course the demos chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    We now know the Brexit options aren't as promised, C. No deal was never an option in 2016 and neither was anything that looked like May's deal. The ERG says all Vote Leave groups want them to reject the deal as it isn't what they wanted.

So now we know what the options are - Remain, No deal and May's deal, why not find out by AV or a 2nd round run off?

If the majority still wat to leave then we will. And we'll have a mandate for whichever course the demos chooses.
    G. I said the day after the referendum that our masters would not allow us to leave the EU. I have no idea what will happen next, b, but I can tell you now that they will keep fudging it until it goes away.

Relax. We're not leaving.

I suspect, though, that many people are going to be surprised by the depth of anger this will arouse - and personally, as someone who was neither a firm Brexiteer or Remainer and was pretty ambivalent about the whole thing, I'm fúcking furious and look forward to chucking a few petrol bombs around.

I'm fúcking furious and look forward to chucking a few petrol bombs around.
    The only thing you'll be chucking around is a bit of invective from the safety of your keyboard.

I had that Emmanuel Macron in the back of the cab once. I gather than Tony Blair has been advising the EU on negotiating with the UK. Tony Blair. Have you seen the size of his house on Connaught Square? It is enourmous. Not bad for a Prime Minister's salary. It wasn't quite big enough though so he bought the mews property behind it and joined them up. So his 24 hour police guard has two entrances to guard. Two heavily armed coppers at the front, two at the back, three shifts per rotation of the earth. 12 plods a day - who pays for that? Perhaps we can send the bill to Raytheon and General Dynamics.

When I wandered down the mews to see if I'd get shot Cheri opened the back door to bring them a cuppa. How sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I had that Emmanuel Macron in the back of the cab once. I gather than Tony Blair has been advising the EU on negotiating with the UK. Tony Blair. Have you seen the size of his house on Connaught Square? It is enourmous. Not bad for a Prime Minister's salary. It wasn't quite big enough though so he bought the mews property behind it and joined them up. So his 24 hour police guard has two entrances to guard. Two heavily armed coppers at the front, two at the back, three shifts per rotation of the earth. 12 plods a day - who pays for that? Perhaps we can send the bill to Raytheon and General Dynamics.

When I wandered down the mews to see if I'd get shot Cheri opened the back door to bring them a cuppa. How sweet!
    An ex-Prime minister ought to retire with a bit of comfort, though. Blair of course detroyed the moral fabric of this country and depurified our precious bodily fluids, but he derves to make a few quid after all the hassle of being PM.

Plus, imagine being married to that sour-faced biyatch.

The only thing you'll be chucking around is a bit of invective from the safety of your keyboard.
    I am extremely disgruntled with our elected representatives.

You have no idea what I am capable of when riled. I might, for example, píss myself.