Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain to me exactly why 'no deal' has been removed for good?

Can someone explain to me exactly why 'no deal' has been removed for good?

I thought yesterday's motion was to remove no deal as a possibility from the March 29th deadline?

I would like to remain as I think it would be far better for my generation of people, but I can't help but feel the threat of no deal was our biggest bargaining chip to use against the EU. Now that is removed it's May/Corbyn/anyone else's deal Vs Remain.

Bloody stupid, if you ask me. But perhaps I've misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I thought yesterday's motion was to remove no deal as a possibility from the March 29th deadline?

I would like to remain as I think it would be far better for my generation of people, but I can't help but feel the threat of no deal was our biggest bargaining chip to use against the EU. Now that is removed it's May/Corbyn/anyone else's deal Vs Remain.

Because politicians know better than the voting public, r
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Because politicians know better than the voting public, r
    Well I suppose that is true given that most of the public are poorly educated beasts. But surely, surely any attempt to get a better deal from the EU would have been helped by us threatening to walk away with no deal.

The EU have played a blinder here and refused to blink. Now anyone trying to obtain a better deal is just hoping for goodwill from the EU.

Nope, not understood at all. It's bloody ridiculous, when negotiating anything you always have to have the option to walk away. It's as if they're all ****ing stupid

Yes, it's a terrible negotiating stance, and they're doing it because they have never had any intention of implementing the Leave decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, it's a terrible negotiating stance, and they're doing it because they have never had any intention of implementing the Leave decision.
    Someone was on TV last night calling it ‘The Great Brexit Stitch Up’ and maintained that it’s been a carefully coordinated plan to stop Brexit from the start.

Someone was on TV last night calling it ‘The Great Brexit Stitch Up’ and maintained that it’s been a carefully coordinated plan to stop Brexit from the start.
    No ****, Sherlock! May was the ideal "patsy" - I genuinely don't think she is conspiritorial, or necessarily much of a "remainer", though unlike many of her colleagues such as Gove she prioritises controlling borders to opening up world trade opportunities. But she is a dreadfully weak leader with no vision, and easily manipulated by civil servants, the EU and other assorted establishment types who want to remain. She is a cautious Carol, when we needed someone with conviction.

She is now so weak that she has failed to sack Cabinet members who disobeyed a three-line whip. Brexiteers such as Boris, David Davis, Raab and McVey were honourable enough to resign the moment they could not support Government policy. Rudd, Guake, Clark etc have been given a free pass.

So now the gloves have to come off. No more Queensbury Rules. I heard that sanctimonious toad James O'Brien on LBC just now calling Nigel Farage out for "treason" because he has invited EU member states to veto the inevitable UK application for an extension (it just needs one). Never mind that Blair has been advising the EU since we triggered Article 50 on how to negotiate with the UK. We should welcome any member state that is prepared to break ranks from the corrupt cartel and say "we see no reason for our citizens to grant such an extension, and as the UK's citizens voted to leave , we should let them".
    Last edited by Yesterday Once More; 03-14-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So Ash - you're clearly a politically astute chap so 'splain me this. Why does this speaker bloke, practically a convicted rapist by all accounts, insist on bellowing out the result of a vote we have all managed to hear perfectly well just two seconds before?

Strikes me as a bit of a garrulous arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    So Ash - you're clearly a politically astute chap so 'splain me this. Why does this speaker bloke, practically a convicted rapist by all accounts, insist on bellowing out the result of a vote we have all managed to hear perfectly well just two seconds before?

The Ayes have it! The Ayes have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post

Would you rather a face with no ayes or noes?