Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 pnints of Doom Bar and a packet of dry roasted nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Aha!
    That would account for Sir C's absence from this site this morning (and lunchtime)
    I can't say I wasn't a tad concerned for his unnatural absence which did set the mind wandering as to whether any particular fate had befallen him
    Did you think the nose cancer had got him, s?

Nearly
    I feared he'd been called away to be told by a chief medic "We have the results of your test Mr Sir Charlie....."
    Fade to black
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

The title of this thread did little to allay my fear for the great man
    The consumption of 6 pints of Doom Bar ...uh oh... He's flown into a panic - all leave of senses gone etc.
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Lewes. Very nice beer indeed. Slightly floral, but none the worse for it.
    My local is a small Young's pub so the real ale is limited. Three only. Either Young's Ordinary or Harvey's Best is almost always one of them with Doom Bar the other. Then there is the rotating guest ale which can be TEA, Shere Drop or a few others.

Fortunately the freehouse below is not far, proper boozer right there

www.jollyfarmer.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    My local is a small Young's pub so the real ale is limited. Three only. Either Young's Ordinary or Harvey's Best is almost always one of them with Doom Bar the other. Then there is the rotating guest ale which can be TEA, Shere Drop or a few others.

Fortunately the freehouse below is not far, proper boozer right there

www.jollyfarmer.co.uk/
    I'm pretty sure we used to meet at the Jolly Farmer before matches.

Young's Ordinary is a pint I'm very fond of as a session ale.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    The title of this thread did little to allay my fear for the great man
    The consumption of 6 pints of Doom Bar ...uh oh... He's flown into a panic - all leave of senses gone etc.
    Fear not, s. I reckon he's probably akip as we speak.

We went to the Hogsback brewery for Frimley's 40th. Some years ago, of course.

The last two of those TEAs I've ordered have been sour. One in the Worlds End pre-match, the other in the Mitre in Greenwich. Perhaps it doesn't like leaving Surrey.

And Doom Bar is fine. Stop being an insufferable snob.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We went to the Hogsback brewery for Frimley's 40th. Some years ago, of course.

The last two of those TEAs I've ordered have been sour. One in the Worlds End pre-match, the other in the Mitre in Greenwich. Perhaps it doesn't like leaving Surrey.

And Doom Bar is fine. Stop being an insufferable snob.
    Ah, a. Look at this re: driverless cars. Turns out they're racist.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ah, a. Look at this re: driverless cars. Turns out they're racist.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...mpression=true
    The *******s!

Do you have any sources for the thing about them generally running people over? I remember chatting in the pub with a few people about these contraptions about a year ago and I was the only one who was not enthused, having spent much of my life working with computers that have gone wrong. They cited human error by drivers, but humans make the bloody software too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The *******s!

Do you have any sources for the thing about them generally running people over? I remember chatting in the pub with a few people about these contraptions about a year ago and I was the only one who was not enthused, having spent much of my life working with computers that have gone wrong. They cited human error by drivers, but humans make the bloody software too.
    Well there’s this:

http://www.eurekamagazine.co.uk/desi...r-away/174914/