Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: 6 pnints of Doom Bar and a packet of dry roasted nuts.

  1. #1

    6 pnints of Doom Bar and a packet of dry roasted nuts.

    Now I feel I'm back in the saddle.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Now I feel I'm back in the saddle.
    Good lord! You went to a public house full of old man farts and drank the dishwater beer you disdain so much?

    Did they accidentally drill into your frontal lobes?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Good lord! You went to a public house full of old man farts and drank the dishwater beer you disdain so much?

    Did they accidentally drill into your frontal lobes?
    It was rather nice, actually. Now I feel quite dreadfully sleepy, though.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It was rather nice, actually. Now I feel quite dreadfully sleepy, though.
    I fear you've not lined your stomach sufficiently. One pack of nuts won't do the job.

    As Falstaff put it: "O, monstrous! but one half-pennyworth of bread to this intolerable deal of sack!"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I fear you've not lined your stomach sufficiently. One pack of nuts won't do the job.

    As Falstaff put it: "O, monstrous! but one half-pennyworth of bread to this intolerable deal of sack!"
    I'm going to make fried chicken. With the boiling oil and that.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm going to make fried chicken. With the boiling oil and that.
    Is that entirely wise given that you're clearly awash with ale? Could you not simply UberEats some KFC?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is that entirely wise given that you're clearly awash with ale? Could you not simply UberEats some KFC?
    The glw is returning after 48 hours away with work. Am I to greet her with some take-away shít? No, I shall be up to the elbows in nuclear grease, preparing proper, home-cooked junk food.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The glw is returning after 48 hours away with work. Am I to greet her with some take-away shít? No, I shall be up to the elbows in nuclear grease, preparing proper, home-cooked junk food.
    Well you've already decided to greet her pěssed and with ale breath, so I don't see that KFC can make things much worse.

    Also, she'd probably rather not come home to a husband who looks like he got trapped in a burning Hurricane.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Now I feel I'm back in the saddle.
    Doom Bar is an appalling pint - I would have hoped that with your newfound ability to taste that you might have realised that.

    No hope for some, I suppose.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Now I feel I'm back in the saddle.
    Six pints? At lunchtime? Is the world about to end?

    Lucky escape for Arsenal if it did.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •