Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit is going to ultimately get cancelled if May loses tonight, isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    NI did oppose Brexit in its totality for exactly this reason. They finally found a modus vivendi after 200-odd years and we fûcked it up by having bigger European fish to fry (pretty much a microcosm of Anglo-Irish history right there, btw ).
    However, if given a choice between the U.K. and any suggestion of being governed, affiliated with or at the mercy of the Irish Republic, the DUP will always choose the U.K. They will fight anyone - including us - to stay British.
    There is only one thing the DUP is concerned about: the terror of being ruled by Fenian scum. Literally nothing else matters.
    The sad truth is that this whole thing has come down to weird, Irish shít.
    I don’t blame you for not getting it. Not many English people do.
    Yes it's all quite surreal really. The Orangemen don't want a hard border nor do Soros Fein but we have the EU calling the shots of what happens in Ireland and nobody can see the problem.

And old Herbie continues to fire it up your missus

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Yes it's all quite surreal really. The Orangemen don't want a hard border nor do Soros Fein but we have the EU calling the shots of what happens in Ireland and nobody can see the problem.
    The whole thing is bizarre and ironies abound. For instance that Sinn Fein ('we ourselves' or 'ourselves alone', lest we forget that its whole raison d'etre has always been Irish self-determination) has long been the loudest voice of Euroscepticism on the island of Ireland. And yet now it attempting to exploit an act of Eurosceptic self-determination of precisely the sort it has long advocated for Ireland and is using Ireland's membership of the EU as a means of achieving a united Ireland by the back door.

Breathtaking hypocrisy and cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    My 2p worth...... no deal vote tonight gets defeated, tomorrow parliament votes for an extension, UK Govt go beggiung to the EU for an extension 9how long this could be is muddied by European Elections etc), the can gets kicked down the road over and over again, eventually a 2nd Ref is held with iether remain or leave under these terms xxxx... remain win and we don't leave.

Politics will never be the same again and there is a numbe rof riots in some of the areas that voted for leave.

Spurs fall apart every year for evermore, Berni and Monty carry on making out they were correct and argue every few days over Brexit.

Sir C gets the all clear but decides he doesn't like being able to smell anything so snorts large amounts of coke so his nose looks like Daniella Westbrooks.

Ramsey is a great success in Italy and wins world player of the year award 3 years running.
    I'm staying clean, man. No more hanging around in dark alleys offering £5 blow jobs to buy a rock. Not any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    And old Herbie continues to fire it up your missus
    Your daily reminder that posts that don't use the 'Reply with quote' button don't actually make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm staying clean, man. No more hanging around in dark alleys offering £5 blow jobs to buy a rock. Not any more.
    Presumably your nose could no longer take the gak even if you wanted to?

Like I say, you can always have it blown up your fundament.

EDIT: I am not offering to do the blowing.

And yet now it attempting to exploit an act of Eurosceptic self-determination of precisely the sort it has long advocated for Ireland and is using Ireland's membership of the EU as a means of achieving a united Ireland by the back door.

Breathtaking hypocrisy and cynicism.
    A body politic exhibiting self interest and cynicism? Astonishing

A body politic exhibiting self interest and cynicism? Astonishing
    You used it!

Also, any strategy that relies on turning out the youth vote is royally fvcked.
    They. Don't. Vote.
    I thought it was Labour's success in using social media to mobilise yoot vote that explained why so many pompous old Tory tossers were so wide of the mark in their predictions for the last GE

I thought it was Labour's success in using social media to mobilise yoot vote that explained why so many pompous old Tory tossers were so wide of the mark in their predictions for the last GE
    The so-called 'Youth quake'? Nope. Completely debunked,.I'm afraid. What boosted Labour at the last GE was middle-aged, middle-class Remainers voting Labour as an anti-Brexit protest vote.

Thick fùckers thought Labour was an anti-Brexit party