Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Brexit is going to ultimately get cancelled if May loses tonight, isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not sure your own economy will be exactly golden will it?
    Fúck the economy, sw, I've heard the sun won't rise the morning after we exit...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That should stop him mouthing off about poor old Thierry Henry at least, I suppose.
    Hold on now. I nearly ended up engaging in fisticuffs on one occasion defending TH for the handball, my assertion being that every footballer would have done the same thing at that time.

My issue with Henry is his missing that chance in Paris in 2006 but it would be extremely harsh to hold that against a man who provided so many great moments for us.

I repeat what I said a few weeks ago, I am not 100% sure what this back stop thing is.
    I think it's some kind of butt-plug the mad dog orangers are insisting on being supplied with so the Taoiseach can't bum them when they are forced to merge with the Republic.

Hold on now. I nearly ended up engaging in fisticuffs on one occasion defending TH for the handball, my assertion being that every footballer would have done the same thing at that time.

My issue with Henry is his missing that chance in Paris in 2006 but it would be extremely harsh to hold that against a man who provided so many great moments for us.
    If I were a Frenchie, I would have been furious if TH14/12 HAD NOT of handballed it...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Not sure your own economy will be exactly golden will it?
    Not at first, but it's a bit more resilient than yours, which is dependent on exporting to us to an extent that makes any interruption potentially catastrophic.

Believe me it would give me no pleasure, but if it happens, it will in no small part be because your government has placed pro-EU virtue-signalling and a bit of good, old-fashioned Brit-bashing over the immediate economic interests of the country. They should be held accountable if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I think it's some kind of butt-plug the mad dog orangers are insisting on being supplied with so the Taoiseach can't bum them when they are forced to merge with the Republic.
    I thought the Orange lot did not want the back stop being that it would essentially mean they were being treated differently to the rest of the UK which is the one thing they cherish more than anything, their being part of "the Union".

Backstop essentially means no border and Ireland being one country.

And all together now, 1 - 2 - 3 ......

I thought the Orange lot did not want the back stop being that it would essentially mean they were being treated differently to the rest of the UK which is the one thing they cherish more than anything, their being part of "the Union".

Historical note: The island of Ireland has never actually been a unified, independent nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Despite your fondness for it, May's deal is almost the opposite of what 17.4 milion people voted for. It's a BRINO leaving Britain as an EU vassal with no escape. Actually, that's probably why you like it. Both parties will face decimation at the next election.
    Opposite in the sense that it returns control of our borders, our money and our laws (with small trade related exceptions).

How is that the opposite of what was voted for exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Historical note: The island of Ireland has never actually been a unified, independent nation.
    Yeah yeah, never mind all your "Historical note" nonsense. Have you seen the new statue of Luke Kelly?

Note there are 2, you will immediately clock the one I am referring you to.