Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit is going to ultimately get cancelled if May loses tonight, isn’t it?

Brexit is going to ultimately get cancelled if May loses tonight, isn’t it?

It will take some time but if the general will of MPs is there then I believe that there will be a second referendum, at the very least (and it’s quite challenging to see how that wouldn’t result in ‘remain’ winning, especially if MPs rule out hard Brexit tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It will take some time but if the general will of MPs is there then I believe that there will be a second referendum, at the very least (and it’s quite challenging to see how that wouldn’t result in ‘remain’ winning, especially if MPs rule out hard Brexit tomorrow)
    who the fúck knows what will happen, r

All I reckon is there will be more calls from Labour to hold a general election. Especially since Wee Jimmy Krankie has said they would consider forming a coalition with Labour. What a shítstorm that would be.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    who the fúck knows what will happen, r

All I reckon is there will be more calls from Labour to hold a general election. Especially since Wee Jimmy Krankie has said they would consider forming a coalition with Labour. What a shítstorm that would be.
    All I know is that at the moment it's a prism through which everyone sees what they want to see.

Explain to me how you come to the conclusion that Remain would win next time? This feels like the same logic that told us it was guaranteed to win last time...

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Explain to me how you come to the conclusion that Remain would win next time? This feels like the same logic that told us it was guaranteed to win last time...
    People know now what May’s deal entails and can see that virtually everything they were promised is a lie. There are now 15-17 year olds that can now vote (and young people were shown to vote remain very convincingly). A lot of old people have died since the vote. People have perhaps realised that we obviously are better together and may be hopeful of future EU Reform which seems likely.

I could go on?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Nobody who wants a second referendum has got as far as thinking about how on earth they would win one (barring fixing the questions, which wouldn't wash).
    The Leave campaign would be the simplest to message ever: Look at these *******s! Look how they've ignored you and are trying to overturn your vote! Are you going to let them get away with that?'

The Remain campaign, on the other hand, would have two years of bitterness, enmity, threats and bullying from the EU to overcome.

Leave would win by a bigger margin.

People know now what May’s deal entails and can see that virtually everything they were promised is a lie. There are now 15-17 year olds that can now vote (and young people were shown to vote remain very convincingly). A lot of old people have died since the vote. People have perhaps realised that we obviously are better together and may be hopeful of future EU Reform which seems likely.

I could go on?
    You are Will Straw and I claim my £10.

'Better together'! Fvck me.

Also, any strategy that relies on turning out the youth vote is royally fvcked.

They. Don't. Vote.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-12-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Well it's happened now, so we shall see.....

Brexit was cancelled the day of the referendum.

They were never, ever going to let it happen. Our political masters are perfectly happy with the status quo, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Brexit was cancelled the day of the referendum

They were never, ever going to let it happen. Our political masters are perfectly happy with the status quo, thank you.
    Think so?

Have you seen the text of tomorrow’s motion?

It says this House declines to leave without a deal, but acknowledges that no deal is the default option should no deal be reached that is ratified by Parliament and the EU.

So basically ‘No deal is not what this house wants but it is what will happen because the law’.

She’s gonna come back with the same deal right up against the deadline and then it’ll be shít or bust.

Either way we’re leaving.