Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 110 of 110

Thread: Brexit is going to ultimately get cancelled if May loses tonight, isnít it?

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yeah yeah, never mind all your "Historical note" nonsense. Have you seen the new statue of Luke Kelly?

    Note there are 2, you will immediately clock the one I am referring you to.

    and the crowd went wild...

    ďOther clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.Ē

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Opposite in the sense that it returns control of our borders, our money and our laws (with small trade related exceptions).

    How is that the opposite of what was voted for exactly?
    Under transition, EU law will continue in the UK (Article 127), under the jurisdiction of the ECJ (Articles 86 and 131), and new laws will be framed by the EU with no input from the UK (Article 128). Transition can be extended (from Dec 2020) indefinitely, requiring further annual payments from the UK, which will be set by the EU. (Article 132).

    We would not be allowed an independent trade policy, and would not even be allowed to fish in our own seas without EU permission.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I repeat what I said a few weeks ago, I am not 100% sure what this back stop thing is.
    I think it's like a kind of rush-goalie.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The Irish should have learned in 1689 that becoming the battleground for wider Anglo-European conflict does not end well for them.
    I thought *you were Irish.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yeah yeah, never mind all your "Historical note" nonsense. Have you seen the new statue of Luke Kelly?

    Note there are 2, you will immediately clock the one I am referring you to.

    They appear to have turned him into George Berry.

    001174d6-800.jpg

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I thought *you were Irish.
    My parents are. I'm not.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Under transition, EU law will continue in the UK (Article 127), under the jurisdiction of the ECJ (Articles 86 and 131), and new laws will be framed by the EU with no input from the UK (Article 128). Transition can be extended (from Dec 2020) indefinitely, requiring further annual payments from the UK, which will be set by the EU. (Article 132).

    We would not be allowed an independent trade policy, and would not even be allowed to fish in our own seas without EU permission.
    I'm no lawyer but I expect that selective bit of legalise refers specifically to the part of the withdrawal agreement that covers trade, and specific types of trade. The Tories have been clear and no one has challenged it, that if the backstop is invoked we do not have to pay EU fees, we have control of our borders and we can make our own laws all while having tariff free access to the common market.

    The fishing bit is nonsense probably based on a perverse interpretation of the agreement. From that right wing rage the Guardian:

    Fisheries
    The EU has repeatedly said that it would only allow British seafood exporters tariff- and quota-free access to EU markets in exchange for a reciprocal agreement that EU fishing fleets can continue to operate in British waters.

    This potentially explosive issue appears to have been kicked down the road: the withdrawal agreement essentially says only that the EU would apply tariffs on fish until a separate agreement was struck on access to EU fishing in UK waters.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My parents are. I'm not.
    .

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They appear to have turned him into George Berry.

    001174d6-800.jpg
    Size of the one on the right. I accept el Presidente is a dwarf but still.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Size of the one on the right. I accept el Presidente is a dwarf but still.
    Mind you, the other one makes him look like Catweasel.

    They're both pretty shŪt, tbh. Did you learn nothing from the terrible Phil Lynott one outside McDaid's?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •