Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have, to date, said nothing derogatory about Unai Emery.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    My only fundamental problem with him is why he has to pull those revolting facial contortions on the touchline. It's absolutely disgusting. I used to enjoy a takeaway during TV games, not any more.
    Whereas Arsene's impersonations of wasps and mosquitos were no problem. #whatabout

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Umbrella? Do you not let the photons fall on your head, as you are not a pansy?

You are right, of course. Burning sun is worse than rain - unless you are John Keats and die of pneumonia, or something.
    I have no hair, a. The sun and my pate are not on speaking terms
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

You are right, of course. Burning sun is worse than rain - unless you are John Keats and die of pneumonia, or something.
    To be fair, Keats was tubercular.

TB, surely? I was once set an essay in English Lit with the title "Keats deserved consumption. Discuss."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    TB, surely? I was once set an essay in English Lit with the title "Keats deserved consumption. Discuss."
    No discussion required, obv.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    My only fundamental problem with him is why he has to pull those revolting facial contortions on the touchline. It's absolutely disgusting. I used to enjoy a takeaway during TV games, not any more.
    There's just something very unsatisfactory about the way he looks overall.

And that's before I address his grasp of English.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I suppose pneumonia would still have got him in the end as his lungs filled with matter and basically drowned him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There's just something very unsatisfactory about the way he looks overall.

And that's before I address his grasp of English.
    are you suggesting he ain't sartorially sound, b?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    No discussion required, obv.
    Why? He was easily the best of the Romantic poets - despite the snobbish sneering of his more socially elevated contemporaries like Byron (a doggerel-peddling prick) and Shelley (good in parts).

The 'Cockney Poet' was their superior by miles. And they knew it. Arseholes.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-12-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why? He was easily the best of the Romantic poets - despite the snobbish sneering of his more socially elevated peers like Byron (a doggerel-peddling prick) and Shelley (good in parts).

The 'Cockney Poet' was their superior by miles. And they knew it. Arseholes.
    Poetry innit, b.

I mean, not really the stuff for 'real blokes', is it?

I can see why snowflakes, the emasculated and (ex)public schoolboys might like it, but not for me, Clive.