Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aboomerang’s Tottenham penalty learnings vs United....

I think ironically Togo had a 100% pen record for us. Similar to how we had a 100% clean sheet record when Cygan and Stepanovs played together.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I think ironically Togo had a 100% pen record for us. Similar to how we had a 100% clean sheet record when Cygan and Stepanovs played together.
    My word. How many did they play together? Or as they say these days, what was the sample size?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Maybe. But, as our leading striker, it's his prerogative. It's in the lores.
    I agree in principle. After all, there is something very wrong with a striker who doesn’t want to take a penalty. Sadly, by missing one in the manner that he did against Spurs. He has forfeited this ‘striker’s privilege’, and must be stripped of all future penalty duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    I agree in principle. After all, there is something very wrong with a striker who doesn’t want to take a penalty. Sadly, by missing one in the manner that he did against Spurs. He has forfeited this ‘striker’s privilege’, and must be stripped of all future penalty duties.
    Especially as everyone knows his 'technique' now. Next time the keeper just stands there and catches it imo.

I don't know; that's something every decent striker just has to overcome, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Especially as everyone knows his 'technique' now. Next time the keeper just stands there and catches it imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I don't know; that's something every decent striker just has to overcome, ain't it?
    Not if you can just whack it in either top corner every time, and if you can't than what kind of striker are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    My word. How many did they play together? Or as they say these days, what was the sample size?
    Think it was just the once - nil nil draw against PSV at home on my birthday. Kolo got sent off for two bookable offence. Van Bommell committed about 32 and got a yellow in injury time

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Think it was just the once - nil nil draw against PSV at home on my birthday. Kolo got sent off for two bookable offence. Van Bommell committed about 32 and got a yellow in injury time
    Amazing powers of recall you have there.

Incredibly amazing given that the match took place on his birthday
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I am trying to recall a knock out CL match against a Dutcher team; I think it was nil-nil from the first (away) leg and they scored at the Grove with a header from a freekick or a corner in about the 85 minute. Defender scored, I think he ended up playing in the premier league. The ground drained in seconds...

la, can you help?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”