Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Aboomerang’s Tottenham penalty learnings vs United....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I remember this one from him to cost Gabon the African Nations Cup

Same style even though they was over a decade ago

Please, never let him take one for Arsenal again. The bloke is a penalty taking Hindenburg.

Maybe. But, as our leading striker, it's his prerogative. It's in the lores.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Please, never let him take one for Arsenal again. The bloke is a penalty taking Hindenburg.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Maybe. But, as our leading striker, it's his prerogative. It's in the lores.
    I agree in principle. After all, there is something very wrong with a striker who doesn’t want to take a penalty. Sadly, by missing one in the manner that he did against Spurs. He has forfeited this ‘striker’s privilege’, and must be stripped of all future penalty duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    I agree in principle. After all, there is something very wrong with a striker who doesn’t want to take a penalty. Sadly, by missing one in the manner that he did against Spurs. He has forfeited this ‘striker’s privilege’, and must be stripped of all future penalty duties.
    Especially as everyone knows his 'technique' now. Next time the keeper just stands there and catches it imo.

I don't know; that's something every decent striker just has to overcome, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Especially as everyone knows his 'technique' now. Next time the keeper just stands there and catches it imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I don't know; that's something every decent striker just has to overcome, ain't it?
    Not if you can just whack it in either top corner every time, and if you can't than what kind of striker are you?