Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amidst all the goings on at RM, I was highly amused to discover that Bale

Amidst all the goings on at RM, I was highly amused to discover that Bale

having spent six years at the Bernabeu, has failed on a quite spectacular level to speak any Spanish.
    Let's bear in mind he's living in Madrid, not Malaga and surrounded by a multitude of hairy arsed latino's at the club, both on and off the field.
    This must represent a new definition of the word dim from the gormless looking Welsher.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    having spent six years at the Bernabeu, has failed on a quite spectacular level to speak any Spanish.
    Let's bear in mind he's living in Madrid, not Malaga and surrounded by a multitude of hairy arsed latino's at the club, both on and off the field.
    This must represent a new definition of the word dim from the gormless looking Welsher.
    That is pretty spectacular. Mind you, he can peel bananas with his feet.

As a welsher he speaks English ... sort of. Why would he need to learn any other language 7?

I would imagine he can speak Spanish and enough to get bye, but for the RM media machine to brief against him it is a nice story to put out there and turn the locals against him.

"Gareth Bale's language tutor has said that the Welshman's grasp of the Spanish language "is better than what he shows in interviews".
    Bale has now lived in Madrid for four years, but has only given a limited number of interviews in Spanish.

According to Michael Gomez, the Real Madrid attacker has a strong grasp of the Spanish language, and is only held back by a lack of confidence when it comes to speaking in public.

"His standard of Spanish is better than what he shows in interviews," Gomez told La Sexta. "Gareth is a perfectionist and until he believes he is flawless at something then he loses a bit of confidence and will sell himself short, he becomes apprehensive.

"My role is to ensure his understanding of Spanish gets better and even more importantly, for his confidence to grow in this aspect. He is aware he needs to keep taking classes and adapt to life in Spain even more." "
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post

"Gareth Bale's language tutor has said that the Welshman's grasp of the Spanish language "is better than what he shows in interviews".
    Bale has now lived in Madrid for four years, but has only given a limited number of interviews in Spanish.

According to Michael Gomez, the Real Madrid attacker has a strong grasp of the Spanish language, and is only held back by a lack of confidence when it comes to speaking in public.

"His standard of Spanish is better than what he shows in interviews," Gomez told La Sexta. "Gareth is a perfectionist and until he believes he is flawless at something then he loses a bit of confidence and will sell himself short, he becomes apprehensive.

"My role is to ensure his understanding of Spanish gets better and even more importantly, for his confidence to grow in this aspect. He is aware he needs to keep taking classes and adapt to life in Spain even more." "
    To be fair, though, if I'd been paid handsomely to be someone's language tutor for years and he still wasn't speaking it, I'd probably say that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post

His time is up there anyway. Zidane is back, Bale gone. Hope he doesn’t go back to Spurs and start doing well again. That would be most unpleasant. Probably off to Utd, to replace Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    His time is up there anyway. Zidane is back, Bale gone. Hope he doesn’t go back to Spurs and start doing well again. That would be most unpleasant. Probably off to Utd, to replace Sanchez.
    No one can afford him, allegedly. I read somewhere he's on £460k a week, although one always takes these reports with a pinch of salt.

Right. I was just gonna say, How odd, that his language teacher would say that

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, though, if I'd been paid handsomely to be someone's language tutor for years and he still wasn't speaking it, I'd probably say that, too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

And, in any case, if Real Madrid can afford him then several other clubs can too. I shouldn't even wonder if even we could, if we put our minds to it, if we wanted his sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No one can afford him, allegedly. I read somewhere he's on £460k a week, although one always takes these reports with a pinch of salt.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."