Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is genuinely extraordinary. This woman seems to believe she lives in some sort

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's simply a question of manners. If a lady in my offfice told me she was cold, i would turn the heating up or aircon down, as appropriate. That is how a gentleman behaves. And I would never, ever crash a car with a lady inside.

Good manners. Simple.
    Couldn't agree more, C.

But you may have noticed that not every male Britisher is a gent. Hence the need to show him the facts and make the neanderthal realise his selfishness is making all the ladies present physically uncomfortble.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    And what of the obverse? Where are the howls of outrage because men die younger? Are far more likely to suffer heart disease? Are far more likely to commit suicide? That young men are vastly more likely to be victims of violence? That hugely more money is spent on research and treatment of cervical and breast cancer than on prostate cancer? That white working class boys are routinely at the bottom of the pile when it comes to school performance because they have no forces lobbying for them?

The point is we can all cherry-pick our reasons why we're victims. It's just that when (white) men do it, nobody's listening.
    Jesus Christ. If you got a similar reply to one of your posts you'd be screaming Whataboutery and Straw Men from the rooftops.

WTF has any of that got to do with the stats she's raised? If you want to write a book about that, do it.

Your reply is as stupid as a Corbynista saying "But what about Palestine" when I talk about the Chinese occupation and oppression of Tibet.

Let's make this really simple:

1. Did you know women are 57% more likely to get ****ed in a car crash?
    2. Do you think this is a good thing?
    3. Do you think we should do something about it if we can?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Couldn't agree more, C.

But you may have noticed that not every male Britisher is a gent. Hence the need to show him the facts and make the neanderthal realise his selfishness is making all the ladies present physically uncomfortble.
    Very often, the ladies present have their shoulders and arms bare and are complaining about the AC being too cold when every other fùcker is sweltering. So who's being selfish?

They can pop on a cardy or they can get to fùck.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-11-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Jesus Christ. If you got a similar reply to one of your posts you'd be screaming Whataboutery and Straw Men from the rooftops.

WTF has any of that got to do with the stats she's raised? If you want to write a book about that, do it.

Your reply is as stupid as a Corbynista saying "But what about Palestine" when I talk about the Chinese occupation and oppression of Tibet.

Let's make this really simple:

1. Did you know women are 57% more likely to get ****ed in a car crash?
    2. Do you think this is a good thing?
    3. Do you think we should do something about it if we can?
    No. My point is that this book is a classic exercise in victim-based rent-seeking. It creates a mentality of oppression and victimhood that simply doesn't reflect the fact that - while not perfect - the west in the early 21st century is basically the best place in history to be a woman. No ifs, no buts - it just is.

And by all means let's find ways to make things better, but let's look at everyone's problems, shall we? Not just pretend everything is hunky-dory for men while banging on about the first-world problems of enormously privileged white women.

And also, they do make female test dummies. And kiddie ones. I've seen them.

Very often, the ladies present have their shoulders and arms bare and are complaining about the AC being too cold when every other fùcker is sweltering. So who's being selfish?

They can pop on a cardy or they can get to fùck.
    Sometimes, you’re so very Irish.

No English gentleman would treat a lady thus. Shame on you, thick Paddy

No. My point is that this book is a classic exercise in victim-based rent-seeking. It creates a mentality of oppression and victimhood that simply doesn't reflect the fact that - while not perfect - the west in the early 21st century is basically the best place in history to be a woman. No ifs, no buts - it just is.

And by all means let's find ways to make things better, but let's look at everyone's problems, shall we? Not just pretend everything is hunky-dory for men while banging on about the first-world problems of enormously privileged white women.

Right. So next time you bring up a topic about some problem you care about, I should say, "ah but what about the Delhi steet kids" and we should just consider every problem in the world together?

Straw man whataboutery, B.

And you didn't answer my 3 questions. I know they now have all 3 dummies. The point is that the rules were originally made on tests based just on men.

As I said, I found the research fascinating, and I detest ID politics at least as much as you do. In fact, I almost certainly hate it a damn sight more as my entire adult life has been about trying to show that we are all equals.

But you're obsession with modern, leftwing culture means you are determined to see this book solely through this prism and as such, given your culture wars absolutism, this book is part of the enemy camp's armoury.

Neither you nor I like ID politics. Would you support a study about knife crime and gang culture which looked at why it's almost exclusively black kids and howwe should fix it? Cos I would, despite that being by your definition "identity politcs."

Yes, it a political issue looked at in terms of one specific ethnic group. But it's not about creating division and a hieracrhy of victimhood. It's about stopping the problems that cause these differences.

This book isn't about creating victimhood. It's about trying to find what is wrong, why and doing something about it.

The fact that this is about white middle class women in no way invalidates this any more than my beloved making films exclusively about marginalised, brown skinned Asians invalidates her work.

But by your hippy "let's look at everyone's problems together" idiocy, my missus should then have to make half the film about middle class white bints and this bint would have to write half her book about young boys living on the streets of iDelhi.

Which is a pathetic argument.

I know you're just trying to play a character but you normally don't push it so far that the character collapses under the weight of its own contradictions.

No-one is allowed to write a book about one subject in isolation. Dear God.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sometimes, you’re so very Irish.

No English gentleman would treat a lady thus. Shame on you, thick Paddy
    I, for one, would never suggest a woman puts on more clothes in a place of work

Sir C "And I would never, ever crash a car with a lady inside."
    Message reported to Peter Shilton
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I know this is deeply cynical, but I'm pretty confident that many unattractive women nowadays claim they've been sexually assaulted in order to provide an artificial boost to their rock-bottom self-esteem.

I mean, look at the writer of this piece. Seriously. I'm pretty sure physically grotesque women don't get touched up on public transport, yet you'll struggle to find one that claims it's never happened to them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tany...ETZ08QRTJfcEM:

It was you, wasn't it?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Right. So next time you bring up a topic about some problem you care about, I should say, "ah but what about the Delhi steet kids" and we should just consider every problem in the world together?

Straw man whataboutery, B.

And you didn't answer my 3 questions. I know they now have all 3 dummies. The point is that the rules were originally made on tests based just on men.

As I said, I found the research fascinating, and I detest ID politics at least as much as you do. In fact, I almost certainly hate it a damn sight more as my entire adult life has been about trying to show that we are all equals.

But you're obsession with modern, leftwing culture means you are determined to see this book solely through this prism and as such, given your culture wars absolutism, this book is part of the enemy camp's armoury.

Neither you nor I like ID politics. Would you support a study about knife crime and gang culture which looked at why it's almost exclusively black kids and howwe should fix it? Cos I would, despite that being by your definition "identity politcs."

Yes, it a political issue looked at in terms of one specific ethnic group. But it's not about creating division and a hieracrhy of victimhood. It's about stopping the problems that cause these differences.

This book isn't about creating victimhood. It's about trying to find what is wrong, why and doing something about it.

The fact that this is about white middle class women in no way invalidates this any more than my beloved making films exclusively about marginalised, brown skinned Asians invalidates her work.

But by your hippy "let's look at everyone's problems together" idiocy, my missus should then have to make half the film about middle class white bints and this bint would have to write half her book about young boys living on the streets of iDelhi.

Which is a pathetic argument.

I know you're just trying to play a character but you normally don't push it so far that the character collapses under the weight of its own contradictions.

No-one is allowed to write a book about one subject in isolation. Dear God.