Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is genuinely extraordinary. This woman seems to believe she lives in some sort

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Now you mention it, stuff that Viz did as an absurd exaggeration have become reality. What is Student Grant if not Owen Jones? Millie Tant is a reasonable mirror to fourth wave feminism... sadly, Syd The Sexist died in a rain of shellfire from twitter.
    It's true. Half of their content from 20 years ago wouldn't even seem exaggerated today. Yet more proof of Peter Cook's dictum that satire changes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Modern Parents, too.

Malcolm and Cressida Wright-Pratt
    It's Grim Up North London

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    of Handsmaid's Tale-style dystopia and that male oppressors are lurking around every corner waiting to pounce.

It is - not to put too fine a point on it - fùcking mental.

https://unherd.com/2019/03/the-inesc...ld/?=sideshare
    She may be a nutter, but the book she's referring to got very good reviews in the ST this week and the Saturday Times last week.

The data sounds fascinating. Have a look. You might learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    She may be a nutter, but the book she's referring to got very good reviews in the ST this week and the Saturday Times last week.

The data sounds fascinating. Have a look. You might learn something.
    Nah, you're alright. Better things to do than read the scion of the Safeway fortune grinding her axe for several hundred pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Probably because the meeja and chattering classes are obsessed with identity politics and victimisation.

Nah, you're alright. Better things to do than read the scion of the Safeway fortune grinding her axe for several hundred pages.
    It's usually the richest who are the most complainy. Most of the 'gender pay gap' campaigners are very rich women not earning quite as much as very rich men. Ornry folk are most likely to have gender parity for comparable roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's usually the richest who are the most complainy. Most of the 'gender pay gap' campaigners are very rich women not earning quite as much as very rich men. Ornry folk are most likely to have gender parity for comparable roles.
    It's also notable that nowhere in that review does she mention anything tricky like FGM, forced marriage, grooming gangs, the hijab/niqab/burka etc, etc - y'know...really nasty actually toxic patriarchal oppression and exploitation.

It's all about problems facing wealthy, western, middle-class feminists - because that's the target market.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-11-2019 at 04:19 PM.

It's also notable that nowhere in that review does she mention anything tricky like FGM, forced marriage, grooming gangs, the hijab/niqab/burka etc, etc - y'know...really nasty actually toxic patriarchal oppression and exploitation.

It's all about problems facing wealthy, western, middle-class feminists - because that's the target market.
    Look. You may mock. But one of our younger, female mates works in a council office. She came round last summer after work, moaning about how freezing the office was now the aircons's on. Because blokes choose the setting and the male body likes it 5C colder than the female one. I explained this to her and told her to take it up with the boss.

When in the tropics, I like the AC colder than the glw but we compromise.

This may seem trivial to you, but why should the female half of the population feel uncomfortable at work?

Why should women put up with having a 57% higher chance of death and injury in a car crash because we only use male crash test dummies?

I can't stand identity politics and victimhood. I've spent my entire adult life trying to bring people together people of all different races, nationalities, religions, castes and socio-economic states.

But the quid pro quo of that is we need understanding. So perhaps blokes need to be told about the AC temp issue and find away to compromise.

Though perhaps you think the totty should be at home instead of trying to do a job that equires them to think properly like a man?

Look. You may mock. But one of our younger, female mates works in a council office. She came round last summer after work, moaning about how freezing the office was now the aircons's on. Because blokes choose the setting and the male body likes it 5C colder than the female one. I explained this to her and told her to take it up with the boss.

This may seem trivial to you, but why should the female half of the population feel uncomfortable at work?

Why should women put up with having a 57% higher chance of death and injury in a car crash because we only use male crash test dummies?

I can't stand identity politics and victimhood. I've spent my entire adult life trying to bring people together people of all different races, nationalities, religions, castes and socio-economic states.

But the quid pro quo of that is we need understanding. So perhaps blokes need to be told about the AC temp issue and find away to compromise.

Though perhaps you think the totty should be at home instead of trying to do a job that equires them to think properly like a man?
    It's simply a question of manners. If a lady in my offfice told me she was cold, i would turn the heating up or aircon down, as appropriate. That is how a gentleman behaves. And I would never, ever crash a car with a lady inside.

Good manners. Simple.

And what of the obverse? Where are the howls of outrage because men die younger? Are far more likely to suffer heart disease? Are far more likely to commit suicide? That young men are vastly more likely to be victims of violence? That hugely more money is spent on research and treatment of cervical and breast cancer than on prostate cancer? That white working class boys are routinely at the bottom of the pile when it comes to school performance because they have no forces lobbying for them?

The point is we can all cherry-pick our reasons why we're victims. It's just that when (white) men do it, nobody's listening.