Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When Wembley Park was ... a park.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh no, that stuff was fascinating. Jennings rolled the ball to Rice. It went square to O'Leary, then across to Young, who moved it over to NNelson. He passed infield to Young, who gave it to O'Leary, who passed it back to Jennings. Jennings picked it up, bounced it several times, then ****ed it up in the air. Stapleton nodded it on to... their centre half, who ****ed it back into our half, where it was retrived by O'Leary who passed it back to Jennings. He rolled it out to Rice... zzzzzzzzzzzz
    Proper football, sir c

Yes, I saw that. It's rather good, isn't it? Perhaps we still are a warrior race at heart.
    Yes. Although some of the po-faced comments make me want to petrol bomb the authors' houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Proper football, sir c
    Every so often Liam would get visibly bored with this carry-on, puff out his cheeks and produce 30 seconds of magic...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Don Lett's fillum on Skinheads the other week was worth a look imo. Might still be on BBC4 iPlayer.

Chap who sits next to me used to be a skinhead. Now sells insurance to churches, mosques and synagogues.
    I'm not sure saying 'That's a nice church/mosque/synagogue you have there - shame if it burned down' counts as insurance, a.

Every so often Liam would get visibly bored with this carry-on, puff out his cheeks and produce 30 seconds of magic...
    Indeed, I was too late for that but had Charlie for a short time - and then George replaced him with Perry ****ing Groves (although Rocky and Merse rather compensated)

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I still think people underestimate the extent tow which outlawing the backpass transformed the game.

Best rule change ever imo.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

In the late 70s I had to stop day-dreaming and remind myself that I was watching a football match. O'Leary back to the keeper. Roll out. Rinse and repeat.
    Hold on, we at least had witty and varied songs to keep us amused.

Now sells insurance to churches, mosques and synagogues.
    Still whipping up a fear of violence and destruction, then?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Best rule change ever imo.
    That and banning the tackle from behind. Although Bouldie took a long time to get over that. One of my favourite things from yesterday was just how much the big man was enjoying it. I even think he might have smiled

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Back in the standing days I guess - I only started going when "trouble" was on the wane. I did lose a shoe on the North Bank once though
    Lobbed it at a black player no doubt la
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'