Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We're approaching the vinegar strokes as far as Brexit is concerned.

We're approaching the vinegar strokes as far as Brexit is concerned.

If we actually leave the EU on 29th March I will eat something that's been frozen and then microwaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If we actually leave the EU on 29th March I will eat something that's been frozen and then microwaved.
    It's certainly going to be an interesting week, Clive.

I can honestly say I have not one f*ckity clue what's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It's certainly going to be an interesting week, Clive.

I can honestly say I have not one f*ckity clue what's going to happen.
    Nor me. It's such a gigantic cluster-fùck, I've given up even trying to speculate.

Is that because you won’t be able to buy any fresh produce? I think my mum and dad have already got their doomsday provisions at the ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nor me. It's such a gigantic cluster-fùck, I've given up even trying to speculate.
    I thought you believed, given there is no majority for any deal on the table, that No Deal is the logical conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Is that because you won’t be able to buy any fresh produce? I think my mum and dad have already got their doomsday provisions at the ready.
    I'm not fussed, really. I'm pretty much self-sufficient here. My new chickens are delivering 2 eggs a day and, by September, I'll have apples and cherries aplenty. The EU can shove its fresh produce up its árse and fúck off while it's doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I thought you believed, given there is no majority for any deal on the table, that No Deal is the logical conclusion?
    There's no getting around the fact that No Deal is the default by law. Assuming May's deal is defeated, it would take a statutory instrument to prevent us leaving on 29th March. The question is whether that is feasible logistically or politically.

I'm not fussed, really. I'm pretty much self-sufficient here. My new chickens are delivering 2 eggs a day and, by September, I'll have apples and cherries aplenty. The EU can shove its fresh produce up its árse and fúck off while it's doing it.
    I put my first early spuds in the other day, so I'll be grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I put my first early spuds in the other day, so I'll be grand.
    I'll swap you an egg for a rake of spuds.

I'll swap you an egg for a rake of spuds.
    One egg? For an entire rake? You're taking the pìss, Michael!