Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
Excellent work Monty.

To be honest I’m surprised twitter didn’t ban you like they’ve done so many who simple point out the truth. Seems to be the way the platform has been going.

Anyways...my particular gripe with this is that’s it’s Economics 101. It’s pretty much the very 1st fundamental idea that any GSCE student would learn. No doubt Jorge is trying to justify why they should all be on Ozil money.

Fact is women’s football simply doesn’t have anywhere near the same numbers as men’s football let alone other male sports.

My feeling is this is nothing more than a clever marketing ploy from them (released on International Women’s Day) to get more focus and attention on them by playing the inequality card which they know full well people will lap up all day long.

They’ve got no chance and they know it.
The women's game IS profitable in the US. That's just the point. You can make an argument similar to that of, say, a lesser men's league, like Germany, where there are only a couple good teams and Bayern wins it most years. Hence, you could say that the US and German women's teams deserve the lion's share of revenue. But you can't argue that the US women's team doesn't generate revenue, because that's not supported by the evidence.

I know, evidence. What am I thinking?