Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone understand the physics of why a ball swings like that?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Tyler: We will cross to Jamie now who has a bit of extra insight.

Jamie: Well this is how De Gea will have seen it. He has moved to his left and the ball has gone to his right.

How much does he get paid for that?
    I recorded the match and watched the post game analysis.

Apart from Souness giving the other pundits withering looks, the other fun part was 'how De Gea would have seen it' and the view then changed to some sort of blurry letterbox.
    And then went back to an angle above the goal.
    No wonder De Gea misjudged it so badly.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Burney "To be fair, Trevor Brooking was the same. It was impossible to retain interest all the way to the end of a Trevor Brooking sentence."

"Yeah well you say....Romance of The Cup.....in fact, some Arsenal fans think I was trying to get out of the way....difficult game with Liverpool 15 points ahead and 12 wins on the trot....Coventry can't buy themselves a goal these days.....so I'm gonna go for a draw"
    Brooking was/is same as Harry Bassett - never actually finished a sentence before starting the next.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Burney "To be fair, Trevor Brooking was the same. It was impossible to retain interest all the way to the end of a Trevor Brooking sentence."

"Yeah well you say....Romance of The Cup.....in fact, some Arsenal fans think I was trying to get out of the way....difficult game with Liverpool 15 points ahead and 12 wins on the trot....Coventry can't buy themselves a goal these days.....so I'm gonna go for a draw"
    'Yeesss...well...he1! he!...I didn't get many with me 'ed...he he!'

FůCK OFF, TREVOR, YOU TEDIOUS OLD FůCK!

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Have you never played football?

When you hit the ball sweetly the ball doesn't have a high spin rate.
    Spin on the ball give it a predictable ball flight.

When it doesn't spin (or has a low spin rate) the ball flight is erratic - I assume wind resistance plays a part.
    here you go...turbulence around the seams apparently...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5048238.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'Yeesss...well...he1! he!...I didn't get many with me 'ed...he he!'

FůCK OFF, TREVOR, YOU TEDIOUS OLD FůCK!
    I thought Trevor was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think a little bit of him died the night they left Upton Park and a hundred black cabs descended on the ‘academy’.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No he's still somewhere being avuncular and non-threatening.

I watched a YT clip last night where Kenny Sansom refereed to "...the late Jack Charlton"
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

SW2 "I think a little bit of him died the night they left Upton Park and a hundred black cabs descended on the ‘academy’."
    Seeing Teddy Sh. emerge from one wearing a flat cap at a farewell event with Bianca Westwood screeching into the mic probably finished him off
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Time for some AAR real talk. It was a speculative nothing shot that was completely ****ed up by De Gea guessing before he knew where it was going. It wasn't even close to the corner, probably only about 2 yards away from the centre. With De Gea being a World class goalkeeper what we're seeing here is the equivalent of 'celebratory face' where a dog **** comedian of the John Bishop or James Corden variety in a room packed with hopeless plebs will get fits of laughter to every joke down entirely to their celebratory status.

It's the exact same thing we're seeing now with football illiterates blinded by De Gea's greatness. Make no mistake about it, it was dog **** goal keeping. If that Was Bruce Grobbelaar he'd have been lynched by the fans.