Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't think I'd go so far as to call the Xhaka goal a de gea mistake.

I don't think I'd go so far as to call the Xhaka goal a de gea mistake.

It was a difficult ball, hit with force. You choose one side or the other, he just happened to choose wrong. The hook into the left corner is even more customary, I'd have thought.

It was **** goalkeeping no two ways about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    It was **** goalkeeping no two ways about it.
    I'd have to disagree, AAR. The ball started off in one direction and then moved through 90 degrees - I can't see how de Gea could have foreseen such a swerve or adjusted his body weight in time to deal with it. wd gx, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'd have to disagree, AAR. The ball started off in one direction and then moved through 90 degrees - I can't see how de Gea could have foreseen such a swerve or adjusted his body weight in time to deal with it. wd gx, I'd say.
    90 degrees? Really?

Anyway, Sky's post-match coverage was rather odd. It was all about how United had somehow contrived to lose it rather than about us winning it by...y'know...playing better than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    90 degrees? Really?

Anyway, Sky's post-match coverage was rather odd. It was all about how United had somehow contrived to lose it rather than about us winning it by...y'know...playing better than them.
    Well, I haven't used a protractor to measure it accurately, of course, but given that it starts of going to De Gea's left, causing him to step to his left, and ends up in the right hand side of the goal, 90 degrees probably isn't much of an exaggeration.

I've sort of given up watching any of the punditry. It just makes me shout at the tv, which causes minor ripples in the otherwise undisturned lake of serenity which is Sir C Towers.

Well, I haven't used a protractor to measure it accurately, of course, but given that it starts of going to De Gea's left, causing him to step to his left, and ends up in the right hand side of the goal, 90 degrees probably isn't much of an exaggeration.

I've sort of given up watching any of the punditry. It just makes me shout at the tv, which causes minor ripples in the otherwise undisturned lake of serenity which is Sir C Towers.
    As our resident aviation expert what’s your take on this 737-8M business? Seems like there’s something wrong with them, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    As our resident aviation expert what’s your take on this 737-8M business? Seems like there’s something wrong with them, no?
    Two in a short period of time, both allegedly displaying verticsal speed irregularities shortly after departure... it certainly sounds suspicious, doesn't it? However, these things are rarely, if ever, as simple as they might appear at first glance so I wouldn't yet jump to conclusions.

I don't usually, but thought I'd watch it for the fun of seeing Neville's face.

It really is bizarre that, of all the footballers who have retired in recent years, anyone trying to recruit a pundit would ever think of Jamie Carragher.

I mean how many people turned them down before they arrived at that thick, screeching cùnt?

Two in a short period of time, both allegedly displaying verticsal speed irregularities shortly after departure... it certainly sounds suspicious, doesn't it? However, these things are rarely, if ever, as simple as they might appear at first glance so I wouldn't yet jump to conclusions.
    Well they've all been grounded, I believe.

Of course, we're apparently all racist for only paying attention to the dead Britons. Ho-hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well they've all been grounded, I believe.

Of course, we're apparently all racist for only paying attention to the dead Britons. Ho-hum.
    I believe some airlines have gounded their fleets pending further investigation, which seems to me sensible, if only for the peace of mind of passengers. Neither Boeing nor the FAA have done so, suggesting they aren't seeing an obvious issue at present.