Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: CL qualification rule

CL qualification rule

An association may have a maximum of five teams in the Champions League.[4] Therefore, if both the Champions League and Europa League title holders come from the same top-four association and finish outside of the top four of their domestic league, the fourth-placed team of the league will not compete in the Champions League and will instead compete in the Europa League.

ie if we finish 4th, Spurs 5th and Chelsea 6th but those two sides win the CL and EL then we’re back in the EL again.

Was thinking Spurs might have to it to be in it again so decided to check the rules.

Got to win tomorrow and go for the 3rd Plaice Trophy imo

Was a bit worried about tomorrow but getting quite confident now.

United are still wrecked by injuries and they were completely out on their feet vs PSG.
    Sure they beat the light PSG. But Cavani was on the bench, Neymar was injured, Buffoon is past it, they were showboating and mbappe should’ve been sent off with 20 minutes to go for stamp on Smalling. He was pretty poor imo

Great result for United but let’s not overrate the performance.

For us I was quite impressed with the performance at Wembley. Completely shut down their attack, their goal was offside and I still can’t understand how Rose has gotten away for his assault on Leno.

Rennes was disappointing but we were a goal up and absolutely p issing all over them. Torreira should’ve made 2nil, Mustafi 3nil but instead Sokratis gets sent off and the rest is history.

Think we’ve got a solid chance to bounce back tomorrow.

Same set up as Wembley but with Kolasinac for Monreal, Lichsteiner for Mistaki and Ramsey for Ozil. Might even be a game for Suarez.

I’m done with Mistaki and we saw how bad Ozil can be vs Rennes...it was like we were down to 9 men!

But of course you can’t criticise him

Don’t think we can afford to play those 2 and Xhaka at the same time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

There’s just the one problem that I can see, T. It’s United ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    An association may have a maximum of five teams in the Champions League.[4] Therefore, if both the Champions League and Europa League title holders come from the same top-four association and finish outside of the top four of their domestic league, the fourth-placed team of the league will not compete in the Champions League and will instead compete in the Europa League.

ie if we finish 4th, Spurs 5th and Chelsea 6th but those two sides win the CL and EL then we’re back in the EL again.

Was thinking Spurs might have to it to be in it again so decided to check the rules.

Got to win tomorrow and go for the 3rd Plaice Trophy imo

Was a bit worried about tomorrow but getting quite confident now.

United are still wrecked by injuries and they were completely out on their feet vs PSG.
    Sure they beat the light PSG. But Cavani was on the bench, Neymar was injured, Buffoon is past it, they were showboating and mbappe should’ve been sent off with 20 minutes to go for stamp on Smalling. He was pretty poor imo

Great result for United but let’s not overrate the performance.

For us I was quite impressed with the performance at Wembley. Completely shut down their attack, their goal was offside and I still can’t understand how Rose has gotten away for his assault on Leno.

Rennes was disappointing but we were a goal up and absolutely p issing all over them. Torreira should’ve made 2nil, Mustafi 3nil but instead Sokratis gets sent off and the rest is history.

Think we’ve got a solid chance to bounce back tomorrow.

Same set up as Wembley but with Kolasinac for Monreal, Lichsteiner for Mistaki and Ramsey for Ozil. Might even be a game for Suarez.

I’m done with Mistaki and we saw how bad Ozil can be vs Rennes...it was like we were down to 9 men!

But of course you can’t criticise him

Youve gone and jinxed it now T you cocky *******o!...

Called it....even got Mustafi right....hopefully that’s the last time we see him here.

I guess Unai felt there was no way he could set up so attack minded with that lunatic back there.