Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I see yer man who made a bollix of his loop-the-loop at Shoreham and killed 11 people

I see yer man who made a bollix of his loop-the-loop at Shoreham and killed 11 people

has been cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    has been cleared.
    Cleared? CLEARED?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Cleared? CLEARED?
    Yeah, I'm a bit confused, too. I mean he definitely shouldn't have made that manoeuvre given his altitude and whatnot, right? And he decided to anyway. So how is he not culpable?

Yeah, I'm a bit confused, too. I mean he definitely shouldn't have made that manoeuvre given his altitude and whatnot, right? And he decided to anyway. So how is he not culpable?
    Well, according to what I've just read, he claimed 'cognitive impairment' (?) and the defence even brought up 'hypoxia'.

Christ. My natural sympathies, as you can imagine, are with the pilot; we've all been there, we've all pushed on a bit beyond the envelope because, you know... but fúck me, what he did was fúcking miles beyond sensible and that defence is risisble.

He destroyed a fine aeroplane and potentially endangered the lives of other display pilots on the ground. For that he derserves some sanction.

Well, according to what I've just read, he claimed 'cognitive impairment' (?) and the defence even brought up 'hypoxia'.

Christ. My natural sympathies, as you can imagine, are with the pilot; we've all been there, we've all pushed on a bit beyond the envelope because, you know... but fúck me, what he did was fúcking miles beyond sensible and that defence is risisble.

He destroyed a fine aeroplane and potentially endangered the lives of other display pilots on the ground. For that he derserves some sanction.
    He also put members of the public at risk. Why do you focus purely on other display pilots on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    He also put members of the public at risk. Why do you focus purely on other display pilots on the ground?
    I give not a flying fart for groundlings. These appalling, crawling beetle-like creatures are of no interest to us Sky Gods.

Could being horribly pìssed not come under the heading 'cognitive impairment'?

I think he at least ought to have gone in himself. Surviving that mess is very poor form.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-08-2019 at 11:24 AM.

I give not a flying fart for groundlings. These appalling, crawling beetle-like creatures are of no interest to us Sky Gods.
    He also totalled a lot of cars.

Could being horribly p1ssed not come under the heading 'cognitive impairment'?

I think he at least ought to have gone in himself. Surviving that mess is very poor form.
    I once watched a chap I knew, although only vaguely, kill himself at the Biggin Hill airshow when it was obvious from about a minute in to his show that he was going to crash. His flying was all over the place. All the blokes watching from the pilots' tent were screaming at the ATC liaison to get on the radio and tell him to land, so apparent was it. By the time the officials decided to act he'd made a great big hole in the apron. Boom, as it were. The answer had to be drink, drugs or carbon monoxide poisoning. Had to be. I'd spoken to him and was convinced he was sober. I was sure it was a CO issue. The PM came back absoluely clear. It's still a mystery.

Sir C "He destroyed a fine aeroplane and potentially endangered the lives of other display pilots on the ground. For that he derserves some sanction."

I like your order of importance in the grand scheme

BTW...is there any...news?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.