Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This morning on Radio 4 I listened to two leading scientists saying that men

This morning on Radio 4 I listened to two leading scientists saying that men

have much higher amounts of testosterone, higher levels of muscle mass, longer limbs, etc. and that therefore they would always retain a huge physical advantage over women in athletic performance pretty much regardless of what they did to their bodies.

So two highly-educated experts were in a studio on the BBC's flagship radio news programme having to state the blindingly obvious for no other reason that a demonstrable lie has been allowed to run rampant in order to spare the feelings of the mentally deranged. As little as 15 years ago, such a scenario would only have been possible in a comedy sketch.

And - not for the first time - it struck me that as a society, we are royally fùcked.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    have much higher amounts of testosterone, higher levels of muscle mass, longer limbs, etc. and that therefore they would always retain a huge physical advantage over women in athletic performance pretty much regardless of what they did to their bodies.

So two highly-educated experts were in a studio on the BBC's flagship radio news programme having to state the blindingly obvious for no other reason that a demonstrable lie has been allowed to run rampant in order to spare the feelings of the mentally deranged. As little as 15 years ago, such a scenario would only have been possible in a comedy sketch.

And - not for the first time - it struck me that as a society, we are royally fùcked.
    Of course it did young man, because like us all, you’ve become your father. 30 years ago he had the same conversation in the pub after noticing women’s hour listed in the Radio Times.

That and Will Smith not being black enough.

Stop. The. Fúcking. World.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Of course it did young man, because like us all, you’ve become your father. 30 years ago he had the same conversation in the pub after noticing women’s hour listed in the Radio Times.
    No. This is not the same. This is a demonstrable lie with absolutely zero science behind it that is being peddled to us as a society as fact. People are being brainwashed, hustled and strong-armed into going along with it, but it is a lie. And if anyone dares to question it in public life they do so at the risk of their jobs and welfare.

This is not about being a reactionary old fuddy-duddy or any sh1t like that, it is about knowing the difference between what is true and what is false and thinking that there is an important difference between the two - a difference that is worth defending.

THIS IS NOT OK.

And its International Women's Day I could have sworn the whiny bitches had one not so long ago They are fast becoming my most hated 'minority' and that's some tough competition they're up against I can tell you!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

No. This is not the same. This is a demonstrable lie with absolutely zero science behind it that is being peddled to us as a society as fact. People are being brainwashed, hustled and strong-armed into going along with it, but it is a lie. And if anyone dares to question it in public life they do so at the risk of their jobs and welfare.

This is not about being a reactionary old fuddy-duddy or any sh1t like that, it is about knowing the difference between what is true and what is false and thinking that there is an important difference between the two - a difference that is worth defending.

THIS IS NOT OK.
    Is the trans lobby really denying the advantages or are they expressing concern about generalisations and - without directly saying it - taking the position that it shouldn't matter?

I think it's more the latter. Interesting bit will be when someone finally addresses the elephant in the room and proposes that we eliminate women's sports altogether as that is the natural and logical extension of the trans lobby's position.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    And its International Women's Day I could have sworn the whiny bitches had one not so long ago They are fast becoming my most hated 'minority' and that's some tough competition they're up against I can tell you!
    I keep getting press releases from engineering organisations w@nking on about it and saying how much they're doing to encourage women into the profession. Thing is, I've been seeing them say this for nearly 25 years and the numbers basically haven't shifted despite all the campaigning. It's almost like it might not be about sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Is the trans lobby really denying the advantages or are they expressing concern about generalisations and - without directly saying it - taking the position that it shouldn't matter?

I think it's more the latter. Interesting bit will be when someone finally addresses the elephant in the room and proposes that we eliminate women's sports altogether as that is the natural and logical extension of the trans lobby's position.
    They're shifting. They have tried to claim there are no residual advantages with some highly selective stats and some junk science. However, as that science has been thoroughly debunked, they are now moving to the position you describe, which would effectively throw the entire concept of female sport under the bus.

But of course most of these freaks would all get absolutely smashed by proper male athletes, so what we're potentially looking at is just male sport - which is fine by me, now I come to think of it. Women's sport is sh1t.

Perhaps not explicit sexism. But it might be about the fact that many companies continue to refuse to offer flexible working, which holds women back from rentering the workplace after having kids.

You’d obviously say that’s a lifestyle choice, but it is one that men make too but without it impacting their career chances.

I’m obviously playing devil’s advocate here.

I keep getting press releases from engineering organisations w@nking on about it and saying how much they're doing to encourage women into the profession. Thing is, I've been seeing them say this for nearly 25 years and the numbers basically haven't shifted despite all the campaigning. It's almost like it might not be about sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Perhaps not explicit sexism. But it might be about the fact that many companies continue to refuse to offer flexible working hours, which holds women back from rentering the workplace after having kids.

You’d obviously say that’s a lifestyle choice, but it is one that men make too but without it impacting their career chances.

I’m obviously playing devil’s advocate here.
    If that were the case, you'd expect to see women entering the profession when young in similar or equal numbers to men, though, wouldn't you? Followed by a massive drop-off when they start having kids.

They don't. Not by a massively long chalk. And companies are falling over themselves to encourage women into engineering because it's really good PR for them. Nothing really changes, however. There are very good female engineers in senior positions - I know quite a few of them - and none of them feel they've ever faced serious discrimination either on a structural or cultural basis.

The fact is that men are more likely to want to be engineers and are more likely to be successful engineers than women.