Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The victim chap in this Michael Jackson thing

The interesting part of this will be the reaction of radio and streaming services to this news and whether or not they will play or make available his music. And furthermore, whether people will want to listen to it.

Looking forward to this moral debate.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The interesting part of this will be the reaction of radio and streaming services to this news and whether or not they will play or make available his music. And furthermore, whether people will want to listen to it.

Looking forward to this moral debate.
    I was in Tower Records in Dublin yesterday and they were playing Billie Jean which I thought was interesting given he was so in the news and the conversation your refer to above was happening.

Then being the sharp eared muso I am sure didn't I notice that it was not MJ but a cover version.

I expect / suspect they were being ironic in the way that record shop staff can be.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was in Tower Records in Dublin yesterday and they were playing Billie Jean which I thought was interesting given he was so in the news and the conversation your refer to above was happening.

Then being the sharp eared muso I am sure didn't I notice that it was not MJ but a cover version.

I expect / suspect they were being ironic in the way that record shop staff can be.
    I though Tower Records went nipples-up years ago. Are yours ears sharp enough to have noticed that Billie Jean is borrowed from the intro to Riders on the Storm? Which of course is borrowed from Ghost Riders in the Sky, which in turn descends from Johnny Comes Marching Home ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I though Tower Records went nipples-up years ago. Are yours ears sharp enough to have noticed that Billie Jean is borrowed from the intro to Riders on the Storm? Which of course is borrowed from Ghost Riders in the Sky, which in turn descends from Johnny Comes Marching Home ...
    ...which in turn descends from 'Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Well of course.

No.

On the bright side , no more Rockin' Robin shown on TOTP2 with a silly Steve Wright voiceover
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    On the bright side , no more Rockin' Robin shown on TOTP2 with a silly Steve Wright voiceover
    Surely it's OK to show him when he was a child himself, though? Before he developed full-blown nonce?

Mind you, 'Can You Feel It?' has now taken on a very sinister overtone.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    I have the Bobby Day version of that on my Doo-Wop playlist.

Twiddly-dee. Twiddly-diddly-dee.

Don't set me off Ash

I can never help not laughing at that Police mugshot of Jacko
    The one where he wears red lipstick where his decayed lips ought to be