Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: United are going to tear us apart

Widely loved, but not universally so. Hence the acrimony and bitterness levelled at him (such a legendary figure ought to have been utterly immune from all that; the fact that he wasn't is telling).

Very well-liked and very well-disliked at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Wenger was very widely loved and I felt a great warmth to his sense of humour and intelligence. I’ve not felt colder to an Arsenal manager than Enery ever. Not even Billy ****ing Wright and his posh spice wife. Not that I was old enough to really know him.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yeah, if only we had Arsene around to lead us to success in Europe - what with his outstanding record of 22 years at the club and precisely 0 European trophies.

Maybe thinking before you post would be an idea, Dick. Try it. Just once.
    The fact we haven't mentioned his "tearing PSG apart" comment... gifted 2 goals by PSg and 1 by VAR with 30% possession doesn't sound like they tore PSG apart.

Playing the Mancs now is probably the best thing that could happen to us, if we aren't up for the next 2 games then the whole team can jog on imho (not that I expect us to win them both)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Widely loved, but not universally so. Hence the acrimony and bitterness levelled at him (such a legendary figure ought to have been utterly immune from all that; the fact that he wasn't is telling).

Very well-liked and very well-disliked at the same time.
    I think if you went back to 2001 you would find an awful lot of the people now telling us how loved he was were not so fond of him then.

I seem to recall an awful lot of Highbury at that time being of the opinion that he couldn't take us any farther, that we had too many foreign players etc etc.

Some people just like hating the club they support for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I think if you went back to 2001 you would find an awful lot of the people now telling us how loved he was were not so fond of him then.

I seem to recall an awful lot of Highbury at that time being of the opinion that he couldn't take us any farther, that we had too many foreign players etc etc.

Some people just like hating the club they support for some reason
    Also sadly true.