Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: United are going to tear us apart

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    When a new man has followed a manager that has been there for 22 years, at best, it's going to take a while to take to him. Bruce Rioch was a bit of a bellend but how much of that was because he followed George Graham?
    I hope he lasts as long. Or that I’m glad he stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    When a new man has followed a manager that has been there for 22 years, at best, it's going to take a while to take to him. Bruce Rioch was a bit of a bellend but how much of that was because he followed George Graham?
    Bruce Rioch added DB10 and Platt to our side.

Dick dropped Ozil and Rambo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Bruce Rioch added DB10 and Platt to our side.

Dick dropped Ozil and Rambo.
    Regardless of who he is and whether you approve or not. I’ve never escaped the feeling he won’t be here long.
    It’s like most first relationships after a marriage break up. Destined to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    So United go in with an extra day of rest, having torn PSG apart in their own back yard. We turn up having just been completely outplayed by some farmers in France

I miss Arsene so, so much

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Regardless of who he is and whether you approve or not. I’ve never escaped the feeling he won’t be here long.
    When can we bring in Simeone or Erik den Hag in?

A bit of a gloomy outlook? After all, the modern professional football manager wants a career and doesn't necessarily view a long tenure at one establishment as a prize for winning; it's only because of Wenger and the necessities of our new ground that we ourselves see longevity as a sign of success in and of itself.

Unai could win us the Champions League in three years time and then bugger off to Barcelona. That would be a triumph, wouldn't it? And I'm not sure what trophies are with regards to a marriage, but surely four years isn't considered a success nowadays, is it? Or maybe it is

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

No worries. Our record against Manchester United isn't too clever, in any case. In fairness though, Wenger never led us to defeat against any farmers in France

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So United go in with an extra day of rest, having torn PSG apart in their own back yard. We turn up having just been completely outplayed by some farmers in France

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Do **** off Dick
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Yeah, if only we had Arsene around to lead us to success in Europe - what with his outstanding record of 22 years at the club and precisely 0 European trophies.

Maybe thinking before you post would be an idea, Dick. Try it. Just once.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In fairness though, Wenger never led us to defeat against any farmers in France
    No, but he did lead us to a home defeat against a team that was formed in the same year he joined The Arsenal.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”