Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airport Lounges

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    my dentist has ipads hanging about instead of magazines and picture frames with live webcams from around the world in the waiting room.

no wonder it is sooooooo fúcking expensive.

The NHS appears to have completely abandoned adult dentistry.
    Last year my dentist told me I needed a filling and that it would be £320. Now that I have abandoned excess in favour of saving for retirement, this distressed me, until a chap at work told me our local dentist does NHS work, no problem. So along I went and they registered me and agreed that I needed a filling. Did inwant a white one? Yes I want a white one, it’s 2019 ffs.

£290

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ha - I am just writing about Linate. Can I quote you?
    Absolutely, although I have just just used the facilities to make the flight lighter (check my enviro-credentials) so if it's a live blog, tell people to leave the toilets in the Leanardo Lounge for an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Last year my dentist told me I needed a filling and that it would be £320. Now that I have abandoned excess in favour of saving for retirement, this distressed me, until a chap at work told me our local dentist does NHS work, no problem. So along I went and they registered me and agreed that I needed a filling. Did inwant a white one? Yes I want a white one, it’s 2019 ffs.

£290
    So. If you needed two fillings, it would be cheaper to fly to India, get the work done there and have a short holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    So. If you needed two fillings, it would be cheaper to fly to India, get the work done there and have a short holiday?
    Business class seat to Delhi. 3 nights at The Imperial. 4 grand, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    I have been in a few in my time, but currently in one at Milan Linate......and it's lovely.

None of your new age drink limitations, just help yourself to as much grappa and meatballs as you like.

Plus the most wonderful dessert pastry selection imaginable, if you are that way inclined.

Others that I love include HK, Chiangi, Zurich (surprisingly) and Doha.

Any other recommendations?
    Quick question: do you mean one of those lounges on the second floor in Hong Kong? Was looking wistfully up at them whilst amongst the hoi polloi trying to score a cheeseburger. I'm like, no! Next time do it a little different.