Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport Lounges

Airport Lounges

I have been in a few in my time, but currently in one at Milan Linate......and it's lovely.

None of your new age drink limitations, just help yourself to as much grappa and meatballs as you like.

Plus the most wonderful dessert pastry selection imaginable, if you are that way inclined.

Others that I love include HK, Chiangi, Zurich (surprisingly) and Doha.

Any other recommendations?

Bloody hell, next up: a thread about favourite dentist waiting rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    I have been in a few in my time, but currently in one at Milan Linate......and it's lovely.

None of your new age drink limitations, just help yourself to as much grappa and meatballs as you like.

Plus the most wonderful dessert pastry selection imaginable, if you are that way inclined.

The greatest of all airport lounges are to be found in Africa. The Kenya Airways lounge at Julius Nyere is a life changing experience

In general, the national carrier’s lounge at their base airport is going to be pretty good. Tha8 Airways at Bangkok is great, Singapore Airlines at Changinis like a 5 star hotel. BA at Heathrow, not so much.

Cathay Pacific in Hong Kong is probably the best one I've been to. Air Emirates in Dubai I used to think was pretty special but I've been so many times now I've probably got used to it. Virgin in Heathrow 3 is the best in the UK, I think.

Worst? American Airlines in JFK used to be dire. A chit for two beers and after that you had to pay. Shocking.

I find as many pints as I want at the pub/bar in the airport followed by 50mils of vallium as soon as I board means I wake up smiling in Delhi for a lot less money.

But in the late '90s, I flew Aeroflot business and first a couple of times. Found I could get the first class ticket in Delhi for £550 while buying an Emirites ticket from London was £600, so I could justify it.

Neither Delhi nor Moscow lounges gave free drinks back then. But in 1st, you did get as much Veuve Clic as you could drink. Did 1 bottle on the Del-Mos leg and 3 bottles on Mos-Lon.

Bon voyage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You are aware that the overwhelming majority of airline lounges have free drink, are you Ash? All you can drink, free drink.

That can never be bad imo.

I used the Lufthansa one at Heathrow but I wasn't that impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    my dentist has ipads hanging about instead of magazines and picture frames with live webcams from around the world in the waiting room.

no wonder it is sooooooo fúcking expensive.

The NHS appears to have completely abandoned adult dentistry.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You are aware that the overwhelming majority of airline lounges have free drink, are you Ash? All you can drink, free drink.

That can never be bad imo.
    yes but you don't want to be half cut when arriving at DXB, w
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Ha - I am just writing about Linate. Can I quote you?