Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two deeply disturbing things last night then

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Thank you la.
    Good luck.

Do you think they'll retire your table at the Wolesley if (when) you snuff it?

I suspect he won’t even have had the lab results yet. He hadn’t had them yesterday... he’s going to look up my bugle, tell me it looks fine and that I should come back next week for results.
    Well can you explain that one of the oldest and most illustrious football message forums on the Internet is holding its collective breath on the outcome so he needs to pull his farkin shít stained doctor's finger out?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Good luck.

Do you think they'll retire your table at the Wolesley if (when) you snuff it?
    They should definitely retire my usual dinner. God knows hoe many veal Holsteins they’ve served me.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well can you explain that one of the oldest and most illustrious football message forums on the Internet is holding its collective breath on the outcome so he needs to pull his farkin shít stained doctor's finger out?
    He’s an E not surgeon, h. I doubt he puts his finger in bottoms.

He’s an E not surgeon, h. I doubt he puts his finger in bottoms.
    If you ask him nicely he might
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Precisely - you don't get many shocks in, say, rugby because the better team will nearly always win. You don't get lucky tries in the same way you get lucky goals and it is much easier to defend. Stupid ****ing game really
    I know even less about rugby that football, but I'm sure I've seen loads of close games decided by kicks through bouncing along the ground.

One spins out just before the line, another sits up perfectly for the winger.

No way did the kicker have any control over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Precisely - you don't get many shocks in, say, rugby because the better team will nearly always win. You don't get lucky tries in the same way you get lucky goals and it is much easier to defend. Stupid ****ing game really
    Um, that’s a pretty good job of missing the point you’re doing there, Anaconda. I said nothing about shock wins or the better team winning. I said that that football, unlike many other sports, is one where you can outplay the other team on the day and still lose. In this case, over two games.

How many rugby matches have you seen where one team comprehensively outplays the other on the day but still loses? I’ve never seen one, and I expect it happens but much less frequently than in football. Again this will mostly be the case in low scoring sports.