Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two deeply disturbing things last night then

Two deeply disturbing things last night then

the PSG result and what it says about football as a sport.

And the Michael Jackson documentary and its descriptions of ***** activity.

:shudder:

I'm reminded of a couple of years ago and my son going to the mat on Twitter with some tabloid football reporter or other who insisted that PSG would piss the Premier League every season.

What does their result say about football as a sport?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Same as every result, I expect. Win some, lose some. Funny old game, Brian. Away goals can be crucial. Big decisions change matches.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

Football - bloody hell. Funny ole game etc etc

Which I have always taken as meaning that in football how well you play doesn't really matter; it often has no correlation to the result, which is all that really matters.

That isn't true in other sports; mostly those where they score more often.

Football - bloody hell. Funny ole game etc etc

Which I have always taken as meaning that in football how well you play doesn't really matter; it often has no correlation to the result, which is all that really matters.

That isn't true in other sports; mostly those where they score more often.
    Precisely - you don't get many shocks in, say, rugby because the better team will nearly always win. You don't get lucky tries in the same way you get lucky goals and it is much easier to defend. Stupid ****ing game really

The United game I could not give a shít about - two super-rich clubs = fûck 'em both.

In the Jackson thing, I just found myself becoming incredibly angry with the awful fûcking mothers who were - let's face it - pimping their sons out to him in exchange for first class plane tickets and five-star hotels. Scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The United game I could not give a shít about - two super-rich clubs = fûck 'em both.

In the Jackson thing, I just found myself becoming incredibly angry with the awful fûcking mothers who were - let's face it - pimping their sons out to him in exchange for first class plane tickets and five-star hotels. Scum.
    I reckon I'd let my kid get nonced off as a one-off in exchange for a life-changing amount of money.

I mean, the problem that abused kids have as they get older is rationalising what happened to them. That's what causes the trauma. But I'd have a ready made answer for them. Surely they'd understand if I bought them a nice car with the proceeds or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I reckon I'd let my kid get nonced off as a one-off in exchange for a life-changing amount of money.

I mean, the problem that abused kids have as they get older is rationalising what happened to them. That's what causes the trauma. But I'd have a ready made answer for them. Surely they'd understand if I bought them a nice car with the proceeds or something?
    You’d **** it up though. You’d buy them a diesel Peugeot or some other piece of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You’d **** it up though. You’d buy them a diesel Peugeot or some other piece of ****.
    My son's bang into cars. I took him around the Hexagon classic car garage down the road from me recently and he very nearly creamed his pants (or whatever pre-pubescent boys do when they're excited).

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    My son's bang into cars. I took him around the Hexagon classic car garage down the road from me recently and he very nearly creamed his pants (or whatever pre-pubescent boys do when they're excited).
    He’s got no hope. Jews know nothing from cars. They just don’t get what cars are about. Comes from hundreds of years wandering around in the desert, I suppose.