Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Monsieur Le President, eet eez not going so well! You 'ave ze rioting in ze streets

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Nope. I watched us win the 98 league title in there.

"Would you believe it! That - sums it all up!" #TA6
    I watched us beat Wimbledon 5-0 in a bar in Arras. 21 fùcking years ago, a. Where does the time go?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He’ll be alright everywhere except L’Astrance, and come to think of it he won’t get in there without having booked 6 months ago. Lots of French men dress like pikeys these days, they won’t notice him except for his bulbous red nose and blotched alike cheeks.
    Will they understand the phrase 'a rake o' spuds'?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Don’t know any of it mate, only time in Paris before was 2006 and let’s gloss over that abomination of an event*.

Frog and Rosbif sounds a bit madey up to me?

*still blame Henry and Wenger
    I just wondered if you knew it, cos it's one where our fans often congregated. Just up from Chatelet. I was just saying, if you stick to that area, you'll be fine on Sat as we're not allowed to manif round that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I just wondered if you knew it, cos it's one where our fans often congregated. Just up from Chatelet. I was just saying, if you stick to that area, you'll be fine on Sat as we're not allowed to manif round that part.
    What's the English pub just across from the Pantheon (a really fùck-ugly building, btw)?

You simply must lunch at Le Train Bleue at the Gare de Lyon.

For dinner I prescribe one informal, Cafe des Capucins, one middling, Bofinger, and one formal, L’Astrance.

Thank me later.
    I've just found this place over the bridge from us on Ile St Louis. Only place within a mile or more of Notre Dame in any direction that doesn't have a menu in English.

So far, in two visits, I've had a massive chunk of foie gras - all home made - and the foie gras and scallops as starters, and fillet steak foie gras, tournedos of magret fillets foie gras and a confit de canard as mains.

Gonna try the geziers salad and poached egg starter next week. Any when my mate used the bog, he glanced into the kitchen and the chef (who also brings out the food and takes the money. Just him, occassionally with the missus) was puffing away on a Gaulloise.

My kinda place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I've just found this place over the bridge from us on Ile St Louis. Only place within a mile or more of Notre Dame in any direction that doesn't have a menu in English.

So far, in two visits, I've had a massive chunk of foie gras - all home made - and the foie gras and scallops as starters, and fillet steak foie gras, tournedos of magret fillets foie gras and a confit de canard as mains.

Gonna try the geziers salad and poached egg starter next week. Any when my mate used the bog, he glanced into the kitchen and the chef (who also brings out the food and takes the money. Just him, occassionally with the missus) was puffing away on a Gaulloise.

My kinda place.
    Nice. You can keep the salade de gésiers, mind. One of those bad boys laid me low for a week once.

You simply must lunch at Le Train Bleue at the Gare de Lyon.

For dinner I prescribe one informal, Cafe des Capucins, one middling, Bofinger, and one formal, L’Astrance.

Thank me later.
    Shove your poncey French nosebag up your bóllocks you Dutch nonce.
    Last edited by SWv2; 03-05-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What's the English pub just across from the Pantheon (a really fùck-ugly building, btw)?
    I dunno. Is it still there?

We spent about 3+ hrs walking around the left bank a few weeks back and I don't remember seeing an English pub by the Pantheon.

I wasn't looking for one, but I'm sure I would have noticed and complained.

I found a Scottish pub in a little alley bit further W in the 6e by the river last week, as I another mate was waiting to get me shown round the oldest fencing salon in Paris.

My kinda place.
    Salade de gesiers is where I have to draw the line, I'm afraid. Foul-tasting, gritty objects of little or no culinary value.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I fear sw will be wearing jeans, trainers and other garments made of by-products of the petroleum industry.

Or do they allow that sort of thing these days?
    A city made famous by and forever associated with The Style Council deserves a bit of sartorial respect.

I will pick from my wide selection of Lacoste polo shirts in order to seamlessly move among the locals as if I were one. A nice silk Tootal scarf for the day and perhaps a bespoke Nicholson & Walcott for the evening.

Levis. Adidas, perhaps Clarks.