Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Monsieur Le President, eet eez not going so well! You 'ave ze rioting in ze streets

'Monsieur Le President, eet eez not going so well! You 'ave ze rioting in ze streets

and your approval ratings - like you - are leetle beet very short'

'Courage, mon brave! I 'ave written a bizarre and rambling piece for ze Guardian in which I cheerlead for ze EU while studiously ignoring every actual reason it eez struggling - all while sounding like a vainglorious, messianic fanatic who 'as completely lost 'is fùcking mind. Zat will sort zings out, n'est ce pas?'

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rope-brexit-uk

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

'Courage, mon brave! I 'ave written a bizarre and rambling piece for ze Guardian in which I cheerlead for ze EU while studiously ignoring every actual reason it eez struggling - all while sounding like a vainglorious, messianic fanatic who 'as completely lost 'is fùcking mind. Zat will sort zings out, n'est ce pas?'

I read down to the first picture and gave up...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Exactly. Must have been 100k of us on Saturday at the Paris GJ march.

You'd have loved it, B. When we got there very early to the top of the Champs, there were only 3 groups with lots of big flags. One were commies. Usual. Next lot were Gaulllists with the Cross of Lorraine in their tricolors. And the 3rd were royalists, including one huge, dreadlocked black guy with a massive, wooden sword.

All ended up marching together united by their hatred of Macron. For one of my Gandhian beliefs in the inherrent unity of our species, it was beautiful to see.

We haven't seen much of him here in France. He turns up in some town hall for the televised Grand Debat, dispenses his wisdom and then goes back into hiding.

Thus, it came as a bit of a shock to wake up this morning to realise he's written to 27 other nations, informing them that he's crowed himself Emperor Napoleon-Charlemagne III, and would they awfully mind letting him rule them.

The bare-faced cheek of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Exactly. Must have been 100k of us on Saturday at the Paris GJ march.

You'd have loved it, B. When we got there very early to the top of the Champs, there were only 3 groups with lots of big flags. One were commies. Usual. Next lot were Gaulllists with the Cross of Lorraine in their tricolors. And the 3rd were royalists, including one huge, dreadlocked black guy with a massive, wooden sword.

All ended up marching together united by their hatred of Macron. For one of my Gandhian beliefs in the inherrent unity of our species, it was beautiful to see.

We haven't seen much of him here in France. He turns up in some town hall for the televised Grand Debat, dispenses his wisdom and then goes back into hiding.

Thus, it came as a bit of a shock to wake up this morning to realise he's written to 27 other nations, informing them that he's crowed himself Emperor Napoleon-Charlemagne III, and would they awfully mind letting him rule them.

The bare-faced cheek of the man.
    Royalists? Fùck me, lads. 1848 was a while back. Let it go. That ship has sailed.

Disappointed by the lack of Bonapartists, tbh.

all while sounding like a vainglorious, messianic fanatic who 'as completely lost 'is fùcking mind.
    Top Wenger impression b

Royalists? Fùck me, lads. 1848 was a while back. Let it go. That ship has sailed.

Disappointed by the lack of Bonapartists, tbh.
    I'm planning to actually get my first Gilet Jaune for this Saturday. I'm gonna write 3RD EMPIRE NOW on the back.

I mean, all the France Insoumise lot want a 6th Republic. The commies want their 1st workers' dictatorship. The royalists want the 3rd Monarchy. So I'm gonna march for a 3rd Empire.

I'm afarid I have a bit of a soft-spot for both Boneys.

Louis-Napoleon introduced a lot of progressive social reform while allowing Haussman to built the world's most beautiful city.

And while the original one had many bad points, he was top boy on the battlefield front.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'm planning to actually get my first Gilet Jaune for this Saturday. I'm gonna write 3RD EMPIRE NOW on the back.

I mean, all the France Insoumise lot want a 6th Republic. The commies want their 1st workers' dictatorship. The royalists want the 3rd Monarchy. So I'm gonna march for a 3rd Empire.

Louis-Napoleon introduced a lot of progressive social reform while allowing Haussman to built the world's most beautiful city.

And while the original one had many bad points, he was top boy on the battlefield front.
    It is called a Hi-Vis mate and no person can ever look cool in one.

I am off to Paris next weekend and I dearly hope no rioting frogs get in the way of me enjoying a few beers and general relaxation.

But who do the royalists want to install as monarch? I doubt even whoever's in line to the throne actually wants it, ffs!

A large part of Haussmann's design was an autocratic attempt to prevent barricading.

Also, it's not the world's most beautiful city imo.

But who do the royalists want to install as monarch? I doubt even whoever's in line to the throne actually wants it, ffs!

A large part of Haussmann's design was an autocratic attempt to prevent barricading.

Also, it's not the world's most beautiful city imo.
    Macron would probably be up for it, claim or no. Born To Rule.

I'm glad London wasn't rebuilt on 'rational' lines. Kingsway is as far as they got with the grand boulevards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Macron would probably be up for it, claim or no. Born To Rule.

I'm glad London wasn't rebuilt on 'rational' lines. Kingsway is as far as they got with the grand boulevards.
    I just find Paris all a bit samey.