Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see social media is doing that thing where a pop star dies and everyone starts

I see social media is doing that thing where a pop star dies and everyone starts

pretending they had a significant impact on their lives.

He was little better than a circus performer, ffs! His main role was to give people something to look at while the people in charge twiddled knobs.

God, I really do hate 'people'. They're such cùnts.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    pretending they had a significant impact on their lives.

He was little better than a circus performer, ffs! His main role was to give people something to look at while the people in charge twiddled knobs.

God, I really do hate 'people'. They're such cùnts.
    I like music. a lot.

but no musician has ever inspired me to do anything or had a significant impact on my life.

shame when one of them you like dies and all that. . . but life goes on.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    but no musician has ever inspired me to do anything or had a significant impact on my life.
    Well, for a start there are musicians who have inspired others to take up an instrument. Or in Bunnel's case, to twiddle some knobs.

Then there are those who have been inspired to wear certain clothes, ingest certain face-gurning recreational pharmaceuticals and wave their arms in the air all night.

Or in this case, to bang a load of speed, go out and be all lairy at night clubs, pull a stripper, nick a car and drive home wildly while swigging a bottle of champagne and crashing into things, for some hot lesbionics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Well, for a start there are musicians who have inspired others to take up an instrument. Or in Bunnel's case, to twiddle some knobs.

Then there are those who have been inspired to wear certain clothes, ingest certain face-gurning recreational pharmaceuticals and wave their arms in the air all night.

Or in this case, to bang a load of speed, go out and be all lairy at night clubs, pull a stripper, nick a car and drive home wildly while swigging a bottle of champagne and crashing into things, for some hot lesbionics.
    careful with the difference between liking someone's music and being inspired by the musician, a.

especially when you know how tempremental some musicians (and drummers) can be.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I like music. a lot.

shame when one of them you like dies and all that. . . but life goes on.
    So you've never taken acid at a pwoper fückin' party, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    what has that got to do with musicians, g?

what has that got to do with musicians, g?
    Who do you think writes the music on the records the DJ is mixing, or plays the live sets, or indeed, mixes the records?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Who do you think writes the music on the records the DJ is mixing, or plays the live sets, or indeed, mixes the records?
    erm, musicians and DJs. Is that the correct answer?

Don't get me wrong, I like a good concert and have been to a few raves in my time.

But they haven't inspired me or had a significant impact on my life.
    I may have dressed a certain way, ingested stuff, or taken a path in life regardless of what the soundtrack was.

The very worst place to take acid. No control over set and setting, which as any student of Dr Leary or Robert Anton Wilson will understand, is of prime importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The very worst place to take acid. No control over set and setting, which as any student of Dr Leary or Robert Anton Wilson will understand, is of prime importance.
    at home or not at all