Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I see social media is doing that thing where a pop star dies and everyone starts

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    erm, musicians and DJs. Is that the correct answer?

Don't get me wrong, I like a good concert and have been to a few raves in my time.

But they haven't inspired me or had a significant impact on my life.
    I may have dressed a certain way, ingested stuff, or taken a path in life regardless of what the soundtrack was.
    Nah, I completely lost in on 3.5 STPs at a Bedlam party in the early '90s. Ran off to India for 9 months and been going back ever since, while doing raves all over Europe.

But I lost it cos they were playing proper music, see?

If they'd been playing fluffy shîte I'd probably just have found the bar. It takes real magic, from the people that made the records, and from the DJ, to make you lose it like that. The police tried to bust the party, but when they saw I was alone on the dancefloor having a full blown argument with the mid-range, they realised that if the music got switched off, they'd have a sectioning to deal with and that was far too much hassle for a Sunday lunchtime. So the party continued.

25 Fat Freddies Cats in Rome about 3-4 years later was pretty freaky, too.

But at its best, I've had a 303 save my mind. Many, many times.

Seeing music actually come alive for the first time is pretty special.

In some ways this life is the illusion, and the spiritual plane is real. And given the musicians, DJs and record producers and livesets, play a role in taking you there, then yes, they have had a very significant impact on my life.

at home or not at all
    I did some in the Guatemalan jungle once surrounded by Mayan temples and pyramids. That was quite something, but at least I didn't get some dreadlocked soap-dodger suddenly roaring up in front of my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I did some in the Guatemalan jungle once surrounded by Mayan temples and pyramids. That was quite something, but at least I didn't get some dreadlocked soap-dodger suddenly roaring up in front of my face.
    aka Club Dog at the Robey.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    aka Club Dog at the Robey.
    RIP The Robey

RIP The Robey
    Still a fenced off site or have they built anything there yet?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Still a fenced off site or have they built anything there yet?
    Former, I think. I haven't noticed anything happening there yet.

Former, I think. I haven't noticed anything happening there yet.
    Can't say I've been past it in ages despite regularly getting off the tube at FP.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Should be left as a fenced off site, strewn with dog ****, to represent the many souls who lost their very shít in that place of a Friday or Saturday evening.

The combination of hallucinogenic substance and general clientelle would often leave one quite frightened.

Well, for a start there are musicians who have inspired others to take up an instrument. Or in Bunnel's case, to twiddle some knobs.
    Awww you remembered I make beats